If you’re worried about excessive fat beneath your skin and usual techniques, exercise, and diet control aren’t working, you’re lucky to have been born in the 21st century. Scientific advancement has reached the point where weight can be lost through some other surgical and nonsurgical procedures. One of these procedures includes Gastric Balloon Placement in Abu Dhabi. This kind of treatment indirectly stimulates the weight loss. In this kind of treatment, a silicone balloon is placed in a person’s stomach which controls the capacity of the stomach. it limits how much one can eat in two ways: it reduces the capacity of the stomach and it makes a person feel fuller quicker and faster.
Table of Content
- Procedure time: 20 minutes to an hour
- Results last: permanent
- Side Effects: irritation or discomfort
- Downtime: 2 to 3 weeks
- Procedure type: Minimally-invasive procedure
Essence of Treatment:
The primary goal of this procedure is to trigger the loss of weight in a way that is more useful and safer in comparison with other treatments available. It aims to make a person feel full with small portions of a meal for a longer period.
- This treatment is more useful than the other techniques available for the following reasons.
- It’s reversible as the balloon could easily be removed anytime.
- It doesn’t involve surgical division of the stomach which is normally carried out in some other procedures and causes permanent damage to the stomach.
- This technique is cost-effective.
The effect of this treatment is that you eat less and feel fuller faster. Based on the data available, one could lose 20% of his/her excessive body weight within 6 months of the treatment. It is also key to dealing with other health conditions triggered by the condition of obesity.
- If a person’s BMI ratio is between 30 and 40 and the person is healthy enough to go through this procedure
- A person with chronic health conditions might not be allowed to undergo this procedure.
- When you are not able to lose your weight just by exercise and diet
- If you are committed to changing your lifestyles
- Individuals who are generally in good mental and physical health
How Does it Work?
To lose weight, the patient has a silicone balloon filled with saline placed in their stomach. Restricting how much a person can consume and hastening the feeling of fullness, this aids in weight loss.
- The first step on the road to weight loss is a consultation with our licensed doctor who will outline the entire procedure and do all the required tests to assess the patient’s fitness.
- It is important to talk about medical history and weight reduction objectives to make sure this is the best course of action.
It simply takes around 15 minutes to complete the Gastric Balloon Placement in Abu Dhabi. For the first time, a gastric banding may be used without an endoscopy.
- For implantation or removal, no anesthesia is required.
- Simply taking the capsule orally containing a catheter and a deflated balloon is sufficient.
- An x-ray is used to establish the stomach balloon’s existence. Through the catheter, water is injected into it to inflate it.
- The balloon is then checked for proper inflation with a second X-ray.
Although this treatment involves a very lower risk, some side effects could potentially occur. For example, deflation or overinflation of the balloon could happen in some very exceptional cases which would require a doctor’s intervention. Among other cases, it might cause nausea and vomiting for a very shorter period.
The average cost of the treatment starts from AED 18,000. The final cost is determined by the doctor after considering all the factors that define the cost. This is done after a detailed initial consultation and checkup.
The expenses of the treatment are not covered by the insurance companies as it is not a medically important procedure and is only carried out for weight loss.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results do not last for a long time. The capsule usually deflates within some months and is excreted naturally from the body.
Why choose the Royal Clinic?
The Enfield Royal Clinic in Abu Dhabi employs the most skilled, highly certified, and experienced surgeons and medical professionals. Our experts use an ethical and results-oriented approach, and as a consequence, our treatments have very high success rates. It makes our patients happy and satisfied. The website makes the client comments open to everyone. During the treatments, our skilled staff ensures that the customers feel at ease and comfortable. We adhere to the principle of treating every customer with respect and decency. The safety of our clients is taken very seriously thereby the environment of the clinic is kept hygienic and clean.
Book an Appointment!
Visit our clinic or fill up the form given below to get a first consultation with our doctors for the Gastric Balloon Placement in Abu Dhabi.
The balloon needs some 4 to 5 days to get settled down. Before that time, you may feel pain in the stomach. Eating liquid food in the first few days can help you during this time.
After the process, the patient is advised to eat liquid and soft food for some days avoiding hard eating. It is better to drink water when the balloon is placed.
Your doctor will provide you with some medications such as the proton pump inhibitors so that the acidity of the stomach can get reduced.
When the person feels hydrated and a little well he/she can walk. This depends on the comfort of the patient. If you are not feeling pain you can start walking.
Yes, sometimes the migration of the balloon happens inside and this shifting can cause stomach cramps that hurt the abdomen part. The best way to avoid this by sleeping on the left side.
The results of the treatment stay there as long as the balloon is inside the stomach. When the balloons are removed, the patient starts gainning the weight again.
The success rate for the procedure is high and the patients lose around 7% to 15%. This loss of weight will be done in just 6 months. The overall weight loss will be around 30% to 47%.
Sleeping on the abdomen after the gastric balloon placement can cause pain and discomfort. So it is advised that you must sleep on the left side or on the back.
With the placement of these balloons, the urge for the food decreases. But the need for food arises after every 2 to 3 hours.