The beautiful shape of the ears has always been one of the calling cards of a person. The Ear Surgery in Abu Dhabi to eliminate congenital and acquired defects of the auricles is called otoplasty. This method effectively solves any problems regarding the shape of the auricle. The operation is performed with protruding ears, disproportionate earlobe, and sometimes complete or partial absence of the auricle.
Table of Content
Essence of Produce:
Earlobe correction is a surgical procedure performed to correct protruding ears. Different surgical techniques are used depending on how far the ears protrude from the head. Ear correction, also known as otoplasty in medicine, is one of the most common aesthetic surgeries.
As a rule, the ears are close to the head. However, in some cases, when the ears protrude more than 30 degrees from the head, they speak of protruding ears or protruding ears.
Types of Otoplasty:
There are two types of otoplasty aesthetic and reconstructive.
- Aesthetic otoplasty is aimed at correcting congenital aesthetic defects of the ears. With its help, you can change the ears’ shape, location, and size.
- Reconstructive otoplasty aims to restore the auricle after injuries, burns, or developmental anomalies.
The distance between the posterior edge of the outer ear and the behind-the-ear region. The surgeon removes areas of skin and cartilage on the back of the auricle. And as a result, the ear is pressed against the head and takes on a more natural look.
The best candidate for the treatment is someone looking to correct the following:
- Lopsided ear
- Asymmetry of the ears
- The unsatisfactory shape of the ears
- Congenital deformities of the auricles
It is performed on patients who have reached the age of 6; until this time, the child is actively forming the skeleton of the ears. It is not recommended for people having the following conditions:
- Oncological Or Cardiovascular issues
- Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Acute Infectious Diseases, Chronic Hypertension
- Thyroid Diseases, Diabetes Mellitus
- Blood Clotting Disorders
Following are some guidelines you must follow before Ear Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain:
- You may need to stop taking some medications before your procedure, especially blood thinners such as aspirin.
- If the operation is performed under general anesthesia, the patient should not eat or drink for six hours before the procedure.
- If the patient regularly takes medication in the morning, he should discuss whether to stop or continue taking the medication with the surgeon or anesthesiologist before the operation.
- For patients who smoke, it is better to abstain before and after surgery to promote wound healing and prevent disruption of this process.
It is performed using modern technology, allows you to eliminate protruding ears on an outpatient basis in just 40-60 minutes under local anesthesia.
To change the cartilage shape, the surgeon makes an incision on the posterior surface of the auricle, cuts out part of the cartilage, fixes the reconstructed area with special internal sutures, and applies a cosmetic suture to the incision. The auricle will be fixed with a bandage for several weeks, and the patient is sent home.
The stitches are removed after 8-10 days, after which the bandage is worn only at night so as not to damage the ear on the pillow during sleep.
Recovery and Aftercare:
In addition to the standard requirements and recommendations for behavior after surgery, it is essential to consider the ears’ increased sensitivity after correction. Any impact on the auricle should be avoided for several months after the procedure. Most of the time, patients experience pain. This is normal, and your doctor will prescribe pain medication. However, if pain persists for a long time or fever or bleeding occurs, a doctor should be contacted and consulted. There is also a risk of bacterial infection of the cartilage.
The bandage on the head can be removed after about a week. However, it cannot be removed before this period, as it serves as a compress and promotes wound healing. The sutures are removed after ten days. Even in the following weeks, it is advisable to wear a bandage, especially at night, to prevent the ears from bending during sleep. As a rule, children can return to school in about a week, and adults can return to their daily activities in four or five days.
The cost of Ear Surgery in Abu Dhabi can range from AED 14999 to AED 18,999. The cost of each treatment varies depending on the complexity of the treatment, the surgeon’s qualifications, and the clinic level. The surgeon will determine the cost of each treatment after the initial consultation.
Book an Appointment!
Get in touch with experts of Enfield Royal Clinic. Fill out the consultation form below to book a free appointment.