Live longer with Oxygen Therapy!
Table of Content
What is Home Therapy?
Home oxygen treatment in Abu Dhabi is the use of extra oxygen to treat conditions that damage the ability of the body to obtain enough oxygen. Candidates with respiratory disorders such as lung cancer, pneumonia, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are often prescribed it by an expert. Maintaining the freedom and quality of life of the candidate while managing these conditions can be made possible by receiving Oxygen Therapy at Home in Abu Dhabi. There are several forms of oxygen therapy that are available at our clinic, including how to prepare for oxygen therapy, how oxygen therapy will be used at home, lifestyle modifications, and so much more.
What are the types of Oxygen Therapy?
For candidates to use at home, there are various forms of oxygen treatment. There are three basic types, concentrators, liquid oxygen systems, and compressed oxygen gas cylinders. Compressed oxygen gas cylinders are made of metal and contain compressed oxygen and systems that use liquid oxygen keep the gas in a reservoir that can be filled as needed. Oxygen is extracted from the air by concentrators and given to the candidates through a nasal cannula or face mask. The optimal form of oxygen therapy for your requirements will be determined in collaboration with the nurse provided.
What are the Benefits of Oxygen Therapy?
There are multiple benefits of therapy at home:
- Easy breathing.
- Safe and appropriate.
- Enhanced quality of life.
- Quality of sleep is improved.
- Healing of wounds is improved.
- Helps the candidate to live longer.
- Decreases the requirement of hospitalization.
- Improvement in physical and mental health.
Preparation for Oxygen Therapy at Home:
Prior to the beginning of oxygen therapy at home, our expert will recommend the candidate undergo an evaluation process to choose the exact level of oxygen. As soon as the candidate is prescribed the therapy of oxygen, the candidate will require a nurse to help them install the equipment at home and assist them in learning how to maintain it accurately. In addition, safety precautions will also be required to be taken to assure the accurate usage of oxygen therapy.
Indications for Oxygen Therapy in Chronic Disease:
Supplemental oxygen is provided when it can be shown that the disability of the candidate is related to arterial hypoxaemia which can be reversed by its administration. However, candidates who may benefit include those with:
- Obstruction of chronic airflow.
- Diffuse interstitial lung disease.
- Advanced pulmonary malignancy.
- Advanced cystic fibrosis.
- Severe congestive cardiac failure.
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease.
How to use at Home?
As soon as the equipment is installed at home, it is essential to learn how to use it and take care properly. This involves, understanding the flow rate and level of oxygen, learning how to troubleshoot common issues, and keeping the equipment clean and maintained. In addition, the expert and the Respiratory therapist in Abu Dhabi can provide guidance and support the candidate to adjust to using oxygen therapy at home.
Tips to Prevent Tripping on Your Concentrator Tubing:
- Avoid having more tubes than you require.
- Make sure to put a swivel in between the tubes.
- Remove kinks from the tube.
- Be careful on stairs and in bathrooms.
Who will Arrange Home Oxygen?
At Enfield Royal Clinic, we have experienced nurses who will set up the oxygen therapy at home:
- The nurse will coordinate all the arrangements with the doctor.
- Supply oxygen for your trip from the hospital, and make sure everything is set up for you when you arrive.
- We help your family how to use the equipment and answer all your questions.
- Our goal is to take the worry away and leave you feeling confident with oxygen therapy.
What are the Precautions for Operating it?
As we all are aware that oxygen cylinders are filled with high-pressure and oxygen aids combustion, strict safety precautions are indicated below:
- Allow drying.
- Use the correct regulator.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol.
- Wash properly and thoroughly.
- Store in a cool, ventilated room.
- Avoid smoking near oxygen cylinders.
- Avoid storing empty and full cylinders together.
- When not in use, assure all valves are turned off.
- Refrain from covering the cylinders with any sort of cloth or plastic.
- Change oxygen cannula or face masks after prolonged use such as for 4 to 5 hours.
How much does Home Oxygen Cost?
The cost of oxygen therapy for home healthcare services is not fixed as there are some factors that will impact the final price such as the type of oxygen therapy, the skills and knowledge of the nurse, and the location of the home service provider in Abu Dhabi, and the condition of the candidate. Thus, the real cost will be decided at the initial meeting with the physical therapist.
Lifestyle Adjustments with Oxygen Therapy:
Specific lifestyle transformations could be necessary if the candidate receives oxygen therapy at home. For instance, if the candidate needs to travel with oxygen, they may need to make advance arrangements and prepare their home to accommodate the equipment.
Additionally, it is essential to continue engaging in physical activity and exercise while receiving Oxygen Treatment in Abu Dhabi. To do this, the individual may require to collaborate with the expert or physical therapist to create a safe and efficient exercise schedule.
Book us for Home Service!
Are you looking for Oxygen therapy at home in Abu Dhabi? Then fill out the below form and book us! We assure to provide you with the most reliable and cost-effective therapy. Hurry up!