Most people experience thinning of hair on their scalp at some point in their lives. There are many ways available to make up for the loss of hair. However, the most common and reliable method remains the replacement of hair through grafting.
In this kind of surgical procedure, an expert surgeon picks up hair from areas where the hair is in bulk and implants them in the area of baldness or wherever the hairline is receding. People who have already tried and tested other methods of treating hair loss and didn’t get the results go for this process. Hair Replacement in Abu Dhabi provides the solution to all your hair problems.
Table of Content
- Procedure time: 4 to 8 hours
- Results last: Permanent
- Side Effects: swelling or irritation on the skin
- Downtime: 4 to 5 days
- Procedure type: A minimally invasive procedure
The Essence of Treatment:
The primary objective of this procedure is to restore the natural hairline and reinvigorate the growth of natural hair. Also, it is aimed at providing a permanent solution to the condition of baldness or hair loss.
The treatment replaces the weak and thin hair on the head with thicker and healthier hair. It results in enhancing the appearance and personality of a person as hair plays a very important role in the way a person is perceived. With some methods, there may be longer downtime as compared to others. It depends on the method and technique adopted by the surgeon. It also depends on the person’s requirements and expectations from the treatment.
The potential advantages of the procedure are as follows.
- Firstly, by creating a natural hairline, it reinvents the youthfulness of an individual.
- Secondly, given the sensitization of baldness as a taboo, it helps bald people regain their confidence and self-esteem.
- Thirdly, it allows individuals to reduce their constant dependence on different hair treatment products that provide temporary solutions.
- Lastly, it allows healthy hair to hair growth which requires less maintenance effort.
You are considered a good candidate if you fulfill the following conditions.
- Firstly, if you’re healthy and have a realistic approach toward the hair treatment results
- Secondly, this surgery requires you to have some patches of thick hair on your scalp
- Thirdly, if you have suffered hair loss as a result of alopecia, burning, or any other traumatic injury, you can have your hairline restored through replacement surgery.
- Lastly, the candidate needs to be medically fit for the treatment. In case a patient suffers from any medical condition, they need to provide clearance for the procedure by their doctor.
How does it Work?
It works by transferring hair and its follicles from one part of the head or body as well to the other region where needed. These follicles are healthy and thus result in thicker hair growing on the recipient area.
- The surgeon and patient first have a detailed discussion on the concerns and expectations and also the methods and techniques used for the treatment.
- After examining the patient’s current condition and checking if the candidate is ideal for the treatment, the surgeon plans the treatment and the course of action to be taken.
- A list of instructions is given to be followed to prepare the patient for the treatment
- Avoid blood thinners and smoking before and after the procedure.
There are a number of techniques that can be used for Hair Replacement in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain. These surgical methods are mentioned below
FUT: In this method, the donor area does not have to be shaved. The surgeon removes a patch from the back of the head from which hair follicles are separated under the microscope. These are then implanted in the recipient area one by one using small incisions after numbing the area using local anesthesia.
FUE: In FUE method, the donor area is first shaved and then the surgeon removes the healthy hair follicles from it. These are first stored in a solution and then used to implant in the recipient area. The recipient area is first numbed and then by making small incisions, these hair follicles are implanted.
Aftercare is important for effective results. A list of aftercare instructions is given to the patient to follow which is as follows.
- For the first few days especially when the wounds from the treatment are fresh, special care needs to be taken of the treated area.
- Once they start healing, with the doctor’s permission, the hair can be washed gently with an organic shampoo or the one advised by the doctor.
- The patient should avoid any harsh chemicals like hair dyes being applied to the treated area as they can affect the healing process and the growth of new hair.
The recovery from incisions takes a minimum of two weeks. After that, the wounds heal and the growth of new hair starts. This is, however, not visible for some months. After some months the new hair starts showing which falls off as it is weak. When the new hair starts growing it is comparatively much thicker and healthier. Visible results are seen after 10 to 12 months.
Given the fact that expert surgeons carry out this procedure, there is very less chance of any serious side effects. The most common ones include scabbing, itching, and swelling. These too are temporary and will go away soon.
The cost of Hair Replacement in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED – to AED -. The actual cost depends on the technique chosen for the treatment. It also depends on the complexity of the procedure and the size of the area being treated.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the treatment depend on the method chosen as each technique provides different outcomes. Some are long-lasting while others provide temporary results.
Book an Appointment!
The doctors in the Enfield Royal Clinic are highly qualified and experienced individuals. They provide the patients with the best treatment according to their requirements and expectations. If you are looking for the best treatments, fill-up the form below and get the most effective treatment.
The hair replacement treatment can last on a permanent basis. The hair once transplanted continue to grow for a lifetime when there is proper care.
Both procedures differ in their nature. Hair replacement is a non-surgical treatment while a hair transplant is a surgical way of treating baldness and hair thinning.
A hair transplant is not painful at all as done by applying anesthesia. Although the process is surgical so it is not possible to get the treatment in a completely painless way.
No, it is not possible to have baldness after the process, although it is normal to face hair shedding after the process. But after that, the hair growth will be normal.
After the hair replacement process, you should sleep on your back and avoid sleeping on your stomach. The back area should be elevated enough to support a 45-degree angle.
Patients can get a bath or a shower after two days of the process. But they should keep their scalp dry. They should clean the area gently and not pour water directly on the hair follicles.
After the procedure, when only one week has passed you may feel discomfort and irritation as this is your healing process. After a few days, almost all the patients get back to their routines.
The best way to the fastest recovery is by doing proper rest. Sleeping on time helps repair the muscles and the hormones release in more quantity when we are on sleep.
The most common way of replacing the hair is a hair transplant. Tissue expansion and scalp reduction are a way of hair replacement.