Table of Content
What are Warts?
A human virus called HPV causes warts ( a type of skin infection ) on the skin. This infection results in the formation of lumps and bumps in different areas. This virus is mostly non-contagious but sometimes dangerous and must be treated immediately. These warts can get developed on your skin if you have touched someone with warts. Most commonly, these appear on the hands but can also develop on the feet, face, and knees. People can get these warts at any time in their life.
- Procedure time: 1-3 weeks
- Results last: Permanent
- Side Effects: rash or irritation on the skin
- Downtime: no downtime
- Procedure type: Non-invasive procedure as well as invasive
Reasons Why Warts Occur?
- Infection occurs by contact with the already suffering person
- the penetration of the infection is facilitated by damage to the skin: cracks, scratches, irritations, and cuts.
- You can come across it at home, at school, or in the gym.
- It is also possible to get infected from items such as towels, toys, and handrails on public transport.
Who Should Not Get Wart Removal Treatment?
Before undergoing the procedure, it is vital to analyze if you are an ideal candidate or not.
You should not be getting these treatments performed if
- The cause of warts is undetermined
- You have other skin allergies
- You are an expectant mother or currently breastfeeding
With the treatment, these warts go away but they can come back again, maybe on the same area or a near one if the virus has already spread to that region prior to the cure. The final outcomes depend on the expertise of your doctor.
- Extremely precise, strictly dosed effect.
- Aseptic action of the laser
- Bloodlessness of the technique
- The short duration of exposure
- Minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Minimal tissue edema
- Scar-free – excellent cosmetic effect
- The radical nature of the procedure – no relapses
- Absence of postoperative infectious complications
- Fast healing
- Scar free – perfect cosmetic effect
- Absence of postoperative infectious complications
- No relapse
- Minimizing complications
- Radical treatment in one session
- Patient comfort
Around 2 to 4 sessions are required for the complete removal of warts from the skin. If in these treatments it can not be treated your doctor will tell you another way.
Among all the wart removal procedures, about 80% are successful and eliminate the warts for permanently. The therapy involves the use of salicylic acid.
Yes, this is normal to take a bath once done with the treatment. Clean the area and apply Vaseline to keep the area smooth and protected.
All the procedures have their own effectiveness but salicylic acid and the cryotherapy are the best among all as they provide the outcomes that are perfect and safe.
Yes, it can come again if not completely removed by the doctor or if the treatment was ineffective. Also, the site of treatment can again get infected with HPV.
These warts can develop when an already contaminated skin or a material comes in contact. You can catch the virus while swimming because the virus is likely to come across when you are wet.
Of course, people who do not take care of their hygiene are more likely to get the disease. So maintaining hygiene can help you in keeping the virus away.
The common method of removing these warts from the body is by applying a liquid gel on the skin containing the salicylic acid. You can contact your doctor for better recommendations.
Yes, treating the area using hot water for 3 to 5 minutes can actually help a person in treating the disease. Keep the temperature maintained before inserting the hands inside it.
Using salicylic acid in liquid form on the skin is bearable and does not affect the skin. Sometimes, you may feel discoloration on the skin but it goes away with time.
Warts Removal Treatment in Abu Dhabi can be carried out using various modern methods:
- Radio wave surgery
- Laser destruction.
It is a procedure for the destruction of formations using very low temperatures. This method does not require anesthesia and is considered less traumatic. Another advantage is low cost.
It works by exposure to high-frequency current at the site of warts. This contributes to the destruction of the affected tissues and leads to the death of the skin. This procedure may require the use of a local anesthetic, and the recovery period may take up to 10 days or more. The service for this type of treatment has an affordable price range.
Radio wave Surgery:
It is a safe and bloodless way to remove warts in intimate places on the body and face using high-frequency radio waves. The advantage of the method is that the skin is restored in a few days, no edema or scarring remains.
It is the most modern procedure in the fight against unwanted warts. After applying the anesthetic, the thinnest layers of the skin are removed with the help of a laser, acting exclusively on the lesion. The procedure’s popularity is that it can be used even in sensitive and hard-to-reach places, such as the eyelids or intimate areas.
Preparation for the Procedure:
The doctor will recommend what needs to be done in each case. However, some general pre-procedure instructions might include:
- Get your lab tests done
- Avoid smoking and drinking before the procedure
- Do not take any blood thinners a few days before the procedure
There are a few steps which you need to follow after the procedure:
- Keep your treated area clean and hygienic
- Apply ointments to get healed quickly
- Cover your area so that no germs can come across
- Do not scratch the treated area
- Follow the post-care visits
Cost of Warts Removal Treatment in Abu Dhabi :
The average cost of Warts Removal Treatment in Abu Dhabi can start from AED 2,000 and can be higher than this depending on several factors like the number of warts to be removed, the technique used, and the number of sessions required.
Recovery and Rehabilitation:
In the postoperative period, it is essential to adhere to hygiene rules and follow the doctor’s recommendations due to the risk of infection of the wound surface. Avoid getting water into the wound. To do this, apply a waterproof plaster before showering.
Another limitation in laser therapy is the recommendation to limit exposure to direct sunlight two weeks before the procedure and two months after.
Book a Consultation!
The Enfield Royal Clinic offers treatment and removal of warts, papilloma, and other formations professionally, including the removal by laser. Find out more by filling out the form below to book an appointment.