Table of Content
All cancers share one thing in common, they all develop when healthy cells change into cancer cells that grow & spread. Although there are numerous symptoms that can be caused by cancer, these symptoms are typically brought on by disease, trauma, benign tumours, or other issues.
What is Stomach Cancer?
Stomach cancer is a condition that frequently requires intensive therapy. A type of cancer that affects the stomach is stomach cancer, which is mostly known as gastric cancer. The location and stage of the disease, the candidate’s general health, and their personal preferences are just a few of the variables that will affect how stomach cancer is treated.
What are the Symptoms?
- Chronic nausea & vomiting.
- A sensation of drowsiness or lack of energy.
- An unexpected stomach pain & weight loss.
- Severe & persistent heartburn and indigestion.
- The candidate is feeling full after eating a small amount of food.
- The feeling of bloatedness after eating because of excess intestinal gas & digestive contents.
How to Find Early Signs of Stomach Cancer?
The following diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies will be performed by the doctor to identify the symptoms of stomach cancer:
- Gastroscopy: This is an evaluation to check the inner throat, food pipe, and stomach to find the symptoms of cancer.A narrow, flexible tube known as an endoscope is used for the diagnostic in order to view the interior of the upper digestive tract.
- Colonoscopy: In order to detect any abnormalities, such as bloated, irritated tissues, or cancer in the large intestine and rectum, this examination is being performed. Meanwhile the diagnosis, a long flexible tube is inserted into the rectum.
What are the options for Stomach Cancer Treatments?
At our clinic, the following are some of the treatments for stomach cancer, that are carried out by our expert Oncologist in Abu Dhabi:
Surgical Procedures for Cancer Treatments:
The procedure is done by eliminating a calculated part of the stomach. Following the procedure, the small intestine and oesophagus are stitched back together with the remaining portion of the stomach to allow for food digestion and absorption.
This method includes the removal of the entire stomach. The procedure is mostly done to treat stomach cancer or any other conditions that impact the complete stomach. After the completion of the process, the oesophagus is joined back to the small intestine which permits the passage of food.
Lymph Node Dissection:
One or more lymph nodes may be removed during this procedure for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes. Lymph nodes are tiny, kind of the structure of a bean, that are part of the immune system of the body and further assist in the filtering and substances for instance bacteria, cancer cells, & viruses.
Gastrointestinal Flexible Interventional Endoscopies by DR. Kadir Koray:
The gastrointestinal system, which includes the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, and colon, is used to diagnose & treat disorders. Endoscopies are long, thin, flexible tubes with cameras & equipment attached to them. Furthermore, these procedures are minimally invasive and can be utilized to carry out a variety of treatments for instance biopsies, polypectomies, or tumour ablation. In addition, the following endoscopies are considered safe & effective.
Radiotherapy utilizes radiation to damage the cells of cancer. The therapy of radiation damages normal cells but cancer cells are sensitive to its effects. Radiation therapy is therefore a useful cancer treatment for a variety of cancer forms. In addition, Radiotherapy can be used:
- Prior to the surgery shrink the tumour and make it convenient to remove.
- Following the surgery to kill any remaining cancer cells.
- If surgery is not a good option, this is used as the main treatment.
- in combination with surgery, chemotherapy or stem cell transplant[link to stem cell transplant.
- To alleviate symptoms of the tumour.
Radiation therapy utilizes a total dosage of radiation that is broken down into fractions or smaller doses. Generally, until the whole dose is administered, one fraction is administered every day over a number of days.
Chemotherapy, also known as chemo, the therapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy can be employed alone or in combination with other forms of therapy. In cases where it is not possible to cure cancer, the oncologist may recommend chemotherapy to reduce a tumour prior to the surgery, eliminate any excess cancer cells after surgery, or relieve symptoms and extend life.
Chemotherapy is typically administered in a series of courses over a period of time, or as long as necessary to acquire the expected results. The fact that the treatment is administered in cycles delivers your body’s healthy cells to recover in between sessions.
Drugs or other treatments known as “targeted therapies” prevent the growth & metastasis of cancer by interfering with certain molecules. As they are created to work on specific & targeted molecules and attack cancer cells without harming healthy cells, targeted therapies set themselves apart from traditional chemotherapy. The method is done by concentrating on some crucial differences between cancer cells & other cells.
What are the Advantages of Stomach Cancer Treatment?
As per the experts at Enfield Royal Clinic, the advantages of stomach cancer treatment are variable on the level and extent of cancer, as well as the significant options of the treatment being utilized. Anyhow, below are mentioned the advantages of the treatment.
- The method may assist to extend the life of the candidate.
- Alleviate symptoms for instance pain, vomiting, nausea, and eating difficulty.
- Quality of life is enhanced which assists in permitting them to continue with their daily chores.
- Decreases the chances of teh recurrence of cancer.
- Provides a sense of control & peace of mind to the candidate.
What are the Preparation & After-care?
Prior to & after the treatment, the candidate is required to follow the tips that are required to follow.
Prior to the Treatment:
- Complete the pre-treatment tests.
- Stop taking blood thinners.
- Clean out the gastrointestinal tract.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Refrain from eating any food or drinking.
- Bring someone along with you for a ride home.
After the Treatment:
- Take proper rest.
- Avoid smoking.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol.
- Follow up regularly with your doctors.
How much is the Cost?
The standard price of the treatment according to the experts at Enfield Royal Clinic is not fixed as there are some factors that influence the treatment cost such as the type & stage of cancer, the location of cancer, the size of the tumour, the age & health of the candidate, and the type of treatment being carried out. Thus, the real cost will be decided at the initial meeting with the expert.
Overcome Cancer with Effective Treatment!
Are you losing hope because of gastric cancer? Fight cancer with Stomach Cancer Treatment in Abu Dhabi and stop worrying. We assure to deliver you the most effective treatment that will give you strength and hope to live a longer life. Anyhow, if you have any further concerns, meet DR. Kadir Koray and get the treatment right away!