A person who losses a large amount of weight may suffer from the appearance of loose skin on different parts of the body. The skin otherwise can get back into the shape however if the fibers and collagen in the skin are damaged due to prolonged stretching of the skin, it loses its elastic ability. In such cases, there is not much a person can do to get rid of the extra skin. There is an effective treatment for the removal of the excess skin that an individual can go for. This is the Post Weight Loss in Abu Dhabi in which the surgeon carefully removes the extra skin and stitches back the skin making the skin firm and elastic.
Table of Content
- The procedure removes extra skin from different parts of the body
- It contours the body providing the desired figure to the recipient
- The appearance of the person is enhanced
- It makes the person more confident in their bodies and increases their self-esteem
- The skin becomes firm and elastic
The treatment results in a well-contoured and toned body by removing excess skin from different parts of the body. It provides instant results however the recovery may take some time. The final results are visible once the recovery is complete and the wounds are completely healed.
- A person who is in good general health and does not suffer from any serious medical condition
- Somebody with realistic expectations from the treatment and the surgery
- A person who does not smoke and is not on blood-thinning medications
- An individual with a stable weight that does not fluctuate
- Anybody who wishes to contour their body
- A candidate who can take the days off from work to heal properly
In the first consultation, the surgeon examines the problem areas of the candidate and has a detailed discussion about their expectation and concerns about the treatment. The surgeon reviews the patient’s medical history to make sure they do not suffer from any serious medical condition or a disease that may affect the treatment and its results.
Once the initial checkup is complete the surgeon plans a customized treatment according to the patient’s requirements and gives a list of instructions to the patient to follow so that they can be prepared for the surgery.
The patient is to stop taking blood-thinning medications and supplements before the surgical procedure. They are also to stop smoking for days before and after the treatment.
On the day of surgery for the Post Weight Loss in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain, the patient is to take a shower before coming to the clinic for the treatment. The surgery is carried out under local or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s preference and the amount of skin to be removed.
- The area from where the skin is to be removed is first disinfected and cleaned thoroughly
- The surgeon then marks the area and injected local/general anesthesia to avoid any discomfort to the patient during the surgery
- Once numbed, the surgeon starts the surgery by making an incision
- The length of the incision depends on the amount of skin to be removed and the area of treatment
- Through the incision, the underlying muscles under the skin tightening and excess skin is cut off
- The incision is then closed using removable or dissolvable sutures. The surgeon may also use glue to attach the skin back together
- The treated region is then bandaged to avoid bleeding and minimize the risk of infection
Aftercare and Recovery:
Post-op care is important to avoid any complications and achieve desired results. After the surgery, a list of instructions is given to the candidate to follow.
- The wound is to be kept clean and dry at all times
- The bandage is to be changed according to the surgeon’s instructions
- The ointment given should be applied to the wound according to the prescription to pace up the healing process
- The doctor may prescribe some medications that are to be taken on time
- The surgeon may attach a tube for the drainage of excess fluid and blood from the treated region
The recovery period varies for each individual. It depends on the patient’s immune system and how well they heal. The wound healing may take a few weeks and the scars take a few months to completely fade away.
- The candidate may feel temporary discomfort and pain right after the surgery. Pain relief medications are prescribed for this reason
- There is a risk of bleeding from the wounds
- If not taken care of properly, there is a possibility of infection on the surgical site.
The average cost for Post Weight Loss in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED 29,999 to AED 49,999. The actual cost depends on the amount of skin to be removed, the complexity of the procedure, and the experience of the surgeon performing the surgery. The final cost is determined by the surgeon after the initial consultation and checkup.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the treatment are permanent as the extra skin is removed permanently with no chance of its return. However, it may return if the person gains weight again and then loses it but the chances of this are very small as the person is advised to maintain their weight loss post-treatment.
Book an Appointment!
If you want the best treatment in Abu Dhabi, fill up the form below and get a free initial appointment with the most experienced surgeons from the Enfield Royal Clinic.