A new version of the traditional gastric bypass is this mini gastric bypass. The main difference between the both is that this process is less complicated. This is less risky and the chances for leakage are minimal in this process. Getting this less minimal procedure is preferred by most individuals. Studies have shown that this procedure has long-term and more effective results than other surgeries of the same type. So get your Mini gastric bypass in Abu Dhabi now at Enfield Royal Clinic which offers more benefits and quick results!
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
- The main aim of the treatment is to reduce the size of the stomach where the food goes and to improve digestion and metabolism.
- The goal is to reduce weight by the method of restriction as after the surgery the food intake of the patient is restricted resulting in loss of excessive weight.
- The weight loss journey of the individual becomes quicker and easier
- The patient loses all the excess weight in the years following the operation
- The operation can be reversed and the intestine can be returned to the original position
- The risk of diseases related to obesity is reduced
- Type 2 diabetes is cured after the operation
- The recovery time is short
- The operation only takes one or 2 hours at the max
- The surgery is safe and effective for weight loss
This surgery results in a person losing all the excessive weight in successive years. It takes around 1 or 2 years to get rid of about approx 70% of the weight. In the months following the surgery, the patient loses weight intensively and slows down as time passes. The results are permanent and last forever.
- Anyone who is morbidly obese or with BMI above 40 kilograms
- A person who does not suffer from any condition that can affect the results of the surgery
- The presence of obesity-related diseases that can be cured after weight loss
- Someone unable to lose weight from other methods
- Somebody who suffers from diabetes due to obesity
How Does it Work?
The mini bypass entails the separation of a tube from a stomach and connecting it directly with the small bowel after bypassing about two meters. It results in having a more persistent weight loss as it creates an aversion towards sweets and fatty meals and accordingly will have a slightly more malabsorptive effect. The possibility of gaining weight in the future is also minimized.
Difference Between Normal and Mini Bypass:
It is a significantly powerful procedure in comparison to normal surgery due to the following reasons
- The weight loss is more persistent
- It is a shorter operation and is carried out in 1 or at max 2 hours
- The chances and risk of having clots in the leg, lung, or chest infection are less
- There are fewer complications as compared to normal gastric bypass
For the Mini Gastric Bypass in Abu Dhabi, the surgeon first has a detailed discussion with the patient and a thorough initial checkup. Tests like ultrasound, ECG, x-ray, blood tests, etc, are then suggested by the surgeon after reviewing the patient’s medical history to ensure they are ideal for the treatment. Once decided, a list of guidelines is given to the patient to prepare for the surgery. These include instructions on what to do and what not to do before the surgery. For example
- The patient is advised not to continue any blood-thinning medications and herbal supplements before the surgery
- Salt intake and caffeine consumption should also be decreased
- Smoking and drinking alcohol should be avoided entirely before the procedure
Laparoscopic intervention is used to perform the surgery, which is a closed operation. This medical treatment does not leave any physical scars behind. General anesthesia is used so the patient is unconscious throughout the procedure and feels no pain.
- The operation takes between 1.5 and 2.5 hours on average.
- The surgeon creates three or four incisions in the abdomen wall, from which a particular instrument is used to perform the surgery.
- The stomach where the food enters is made into a small tube and is connected directly to the small intestine
- The rest of the stomach remains connected to the small intestine from where the digestive juices enter the intestine to increase the rate of metabolism
- The incisions are no more than 1 cm in size.
- The wounds are then carefully sutured at the end of the surgery.
- Small scarcely perceptible scars remain on the skin after healing is complete
Aftercare and Recovery:
All the post-operative guidelines are discussed and provided to the patient by the surgeon before and after the surgery. The recovery takes several weeks while the patient may also need to stay at the hospital for some days after the surgery. To pace up the healing process all the doctor’s advice should be followed strictly.
The average cost of the surgery ranges from 45,000 AED to 50,000 AED. The bypass depends on several factors the complexity of the procedure, the expertise of the surgeon, and the level of the clinic where the surgery takes place. The final cost is determined by the surgeon after taking into consideration all the factors affecting it.
Request an Appointment!
Fill up the form given below and get an initial consultation and checkup with our surgeons at the Enfield Royal Clinic for the Mini Gastric Bypass in Abu Dhabi.
The minimum weight required for the mini gastric bypass surgery is 100 to 150 pounds. The results of the procedure will be great when the weight of the body is similar to this.
The benefits of the mini gastric bypass are more than the traditional bypass. One of the main benefit of this surgery over the other is, it takes less time than the former one.
This surgery is considered to be the safe and the most effective surgery of all. However, it can cause side effects but these side effects are minimal among all.
The surgery is also known as the omega loop gastric bypass. The procedure is becoming popular among people because of its significant benefits and fewer side effects.
All the procedures have the success rate of around 85%. The treatment results in significant loss of weight for around 5 years.
The surgery takes around 60 minutes to get complete. 4 small cuts are made in the surgery. There is no downside of the treatment.