Take care of your eyes, they speak volumes about you!
The aging process mostly starts showing in a person’s eyes. With increasing age, the skin around the eyes starts to loosen, which makes a person look old and tired. It is a natural process and everybody goes through it. Extra skin comes on the upper eyelids and makes them hooded or droopy. In some people, excessive fat can also appear on the lower eyelids. When this happens, the eyes look puffy and sleepy. It can also occur due to genetics or some injury. In order to address these deformities of eyelids, a person can go for Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi. This procedure refreshes the eyes and makes them look young and bright.
Table of Content
Aim of Treatment:
These surgeries take out the extra skin and fatty tissues around the eyes. Incisions are made on the upper or lower eyelids and this excess skin or fat removal. This is done as the fats around the eyes start to poke through the skin.
In some cases, there can be extra skin on the eyelids that needs to be removed. This can be for purely cosmetic purposes or there can be medical reasons as well. If the extra skin covers the pupil and affects the vision of a person, it becomes important to carry out the procedure to remove the extra weight on the eyes.
Others may have puffy under-eye bags due to the build-up of extra fats. To get rid of these they can undergo the surgery.
- Procedure time: 1-2 hours
- No risks
- No scars
- Treats vision and cosmetic issues
- Recovery time: 5 to 7 weeks
The results of the treatment are worth the investment of time and money. It gives natural-looking results and provides a person with a refreshed look. There is no sign of incision in the treatment carried out by trained surgeons.
- A permanent solution
- No pain involve
- You can read, watch TV, and use your phone.
- Dissolvable stitches are used
- Local anesthesia is used with no risks
- Post-operative recovery is generally easy
- Smoothens the skin around the eyes
- Natural-looking results
An ideal candidate for the treatment is any person
- with excess skin or fat on the upper or lower eyelid(s).
- No medical history
- No eye condition
- Candidates who are mentally and physically fit
- Over 18 years
The age at which a patient can get the surgery is not sure. When individuals see excess fat under their eyes which makes them look tired, they can go for treatment.
The process does not leave a prominent scar. Using natural skin folds and creases are used for making incisions. These incisions are small enough that these get fade away after some days.
It is best to treat both eyes at the same time because it gives a balance between the eyes and eyelids.
The procedure is designed to give permanent and long-lasting results. Once the fat is removed, the patient does not need to have a second procedure. With aging, the skin gets loose but the fats do not come back.
The surgery is not painful at all. To tackle the pain, different medications can be used. Very less discomfort occurs after the procedure. Using ice packs and Tylenol can help.
Everybody is different and each procedure is a little different depending on the situation of the patient and what they desire. The different Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi offered are mentioned below
Upper Eyelid Surgeries:
- Blepharoplasty is done to remove the extra skin on the eyelids. This is formed due to the stretching of the skin that happens over time. There are a lot of techniques to carry out the surgery. The doctor individualizes the treatment plan according to the patient.
- Ptosis treatment for droopy eyelids is a little different than Blepharoplasty. This condition is not just caused by the extra skin on the eyelids. The eyelid has to be raised in this case. An Oculoplastic surgeon should be consulted as only he can differentiate between the two conditions.
- Brow lift surgery for droopy eyebrows is carried out when the eyebrows do not have a temporal flare and corners have to be raised.
Lower Eyelid Surgeries:
The lower eyelid Blepharoplasty is carried out to get rid of eye bags and dark circles and contours the eyes. This is done for purely cosmetic reasons and there are different techniques to execute it.
First, the eye is protected by a black shield and the eyelid is injected to numb it. An incision is then made on the inside and a small amount of fat is removed and repositioned.
A qualified and trained Oculoplastic surgeon carries out the procedure for upper and lower eyelids. A general surgeon cannot carry out the procedure as proper training is required to perform such delicate surgery.
- In the initial consultation, the patient explains the concerns and issues to the surgeon and also what they expect from the surgery.
- The doctor then reviews the medical history of the patient and also takes a comprehensive exam.
- Another most important thing that the patient needs to tell the doctor is whether they have dry eyes.
- The doctor then assesses the eyes carefully using a slit lamp.
- The doctor then decides the type of treatment best fit for the patient using the information provided by the patient.
- First, the doctor marks the eyelids where an incision is to be made
- The eye is then injected with anesthesia where the surgery takes place
- Using a blade the extra skin on the eye is removed
- After removing the skin, the upper eyelid is stitched together
- The stitches used are often dissolvable and dissolves in about two weeks
- In case of removable stitches, they are removed in a week by the doctor.
Post-Operative Care and Recovery:
After completion of the surgery, the patient is brought to the post-operative area where the staff takes care of them. Their vitals are monitored and the staff makes sure that they are comfortable during recovery. After some time, the patient is allowed to go home.
- An antibiotic ointment is applied to the eyes to protect them in the immediate postoperative period.
- The doctor should be consulted if the vision does not improve.
- Individuals do not usually need painkillers after the operation however it depends on the pain threshold of each person.
- The ointment wears off over the course of the day and the vision is then improved.
- It is normal to have some element of blurry vision in the first week after the surgery
- People can go back to work in 5 to 7 days.
There are some short-term risks after the surgery. Most of these are unusual and rarely happen. Even if these do happen, they fade away after some time. Some of the risks include:
- Swelling and bruising are normal in post-operative healing. It starts showing a day after the procedure and peaks at around 48 hours.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the surgery are permanent and non-reversible. However, with the increase in age, the skin around the eyes may become loose again due to the natural process of aging.
The cost for Eyelid Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain ranges from AED 23,000 to AED 27,000. The actual cost of the treatment varies from person to person and on the type of procedure. After an initial consultation, the doctor determines the actual cost of the consultation.
Book an Appointment!
Book an appointment for eyelid treatment at the Enfield Royal Clinic by filling up the consultation form given below