When looking at someone’s appearance, legs are significant for whether we find someone’s appearance attractive or not. If they are too thick or bulky, you may feel that your legs look chubby or that they seem out of balance with the rest of your body. It is complicated to change the look of this part, as targeting fat in training, which we already know, is not possible, and if you build muscle, this does not always guarantee a thinner leg line. Often, we may find that we may have too many muscles accumulated in one area. In this case, you may want to consider Calf Reduction Surgery in Abu Dhabi.
Table of Content
Aim of Treatment:
Calf surgery is an operation to straighten the legs, give the shins a beautiful volume and relief using implants. Most often, the need for such an operation arises after injuries received or after neurological diseases, due to which the patient experienced atrophic changes in the muscles of the legs. It is also possible to prescribe the treatment for aesthetic reasons, with congenital curvature of the legs.
The advantages of the treatment include:
- Invisible Interference: The implant is placed in the back of the lower leg; for access, a skin incision is made in the popliteal fossa, the subcutaneous fat layer is separated, and the necessary cavity for the implant is formed.
- Painless and Safe: In some cases, we warn our patients against placing large volume implants, as this can lead to an increase in pressure, which ultimately threatens deep vein thrombosis. In general, the treatment is an atraumatic and safe method.
- No Complications: In rare complications, the implant can be easily removed. The operation is performed under epidural or intravenous anesthesia.
- Quick Recovery: The recovery period is significantly reduced.
- Quality Implants: Calf implants differ in structure: a solid elastic shell filled with silicone gel or saline.
The treatment lets you make your legs straight, even, beautiful, get enough voluminous shins and balance the whole figure. You will get symmetrical and consecutive legs without blood loss, extensive hematomas, and scars.
The best person for this treatment is someone having the following conditions:
- The curvature of the legs
- Underdevelopment of the muscles of the legs
- Hypertrophy of the muscles of the legs
- Deformity of the legs due to neurological diseases.
- Psychological discomfort due to too thin legs. It can interfere with wearing short skirts, shorts, and dresses, making you feel embarrassed about your appearance.
- The desire to make the muscles of the legs visually more voluminous in the absence of the opportunity to achieve this by fitness or exercising in the gym
- Psychological discomfort due to crooked legs.
First, the plastic surgeon consults with the patient and determines what result he wants to achieve after the operation. The doctor talks about the preparation and course of the procedure and the features of the rehabilitation period.
In addition to the surgeon, the patient must always consult with a general practitioner and an anesthesiologist. You also need to pass tests for blood clotting, tests for HIV and hepatitis, undergo fluorography and an ECG.
The treatment is performed under general anesthesia and lasts about an hour.
The surgeon makes an incision 3-4 cm long in the popliteal area along the natural fold line. The connective tissue is dissected.
The implant is placed in a specially prepared pocket. After that, the fascia is sutured, cosmetic sutures are applied. Implants are selected together with a plastic surgeon during a consultation.
The endoprosthesis imitates the calf muscle and consists of a silicone shell and gel.
In addition, you can increase the lower legs with your fat. Fat for lipofilling is usually pumped out of the back, abdomen, or thighs.
It is cleaned and injected through small incisions. The procedure takes about two hours.
It depends on whether you choose surgical or non-surgical treatment. After surgery, most bruising and swelling should decrease within the first 2-4 weeks. In particular, after liposuction, it is necessary to wear compression garments to help the body achieve the desired shape.
After more invasive procedures, such as cutting muscles or nerves, it is recommended that you try to stay on your feet for a week.
Full results should begin to appear after six months and build up to one year after the procedure. After non-surgical treatment, results should be visible within the first month and last up to 6 months. The procedure will need to be repeated every couple of months to improve or maintain results.
If you’ve been embarrassed about the size of your calves for some time, maybe it’s time to consider scaling them down? There are plenty of options, from temporary to permanent, if you’re still on the verge of making a decision.
If you’re having a hard time getting into particular shoes, or if you refuse to wear something that doesn’t cover that area of your body, it might be time to consider a change.
The cost of Calf Reduction Surgery in Abu Dhabi can range from AED 1999 to AED 5,999. The cost varies depending on several factors. The doctor will determine the actual price after the initial consultation.
Book an Appointment!
Get Calf Reduction Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain at Enfield Royal Clinic. Fill out the consultation form below to book a free appointment.