If you are struggling with your weight and desire to get rid of these extra body fats but waiting for an effective and long-lasting solution, then you should go for the Sleeve Gastrectomy in Abu Dhabi. The process is minimally invasive and has gained a lot of popularity because of its effectiveness. It causes better and more predictable weight loss than other treatments. The weight loss is about 60% of excess weight with less risk as compared to other methods. Read the page below to know more.
Table of Content
- Procedure time: 20 minutes to an hour
- Results last: almost 1 year
- Side Effects: swelling or irritation on the skin
- Downtime: no downtime
- Procedure type: Non-invasive procedure
Essence of Treatment:
The treatment aims to reduce the overall capacity of the stomach to store food. A large part of the stomach is removed from the person’s body. It is to make the person take small portions of meals making the person feel full much quicker and for a longer time.
- The amount of food a person consumes is reduced due to the surgery
- The body produces hormones that help in weight loss
- The conditions that are related to being overweight like heart issues and blood pressure are also reduced
- It helps the person get in shape
- The person can achieve their desired weight without having to undergo strict diet plans
- The surgery helps a person lose weight quickly and effectively
- The procedure is safe and effective
- The presence of hunger hormone in the blood is reduced making the person feel full for a longer time
The procedure results in a significant loss of weight for a longer time. The results however depend on the changes the patient makes in their lifestyle. Healthy choices in the long run help in maintaining weight.
- A medically fit candidate who does not suffer from any serious medical disease or condition
- Someone who understands the treatment and is mentally prepared for it
- A person for whom other weight loss methods have failed
- Anyone who is dedicated enough to make appropriate lifestyle changes
How Does it Work?
The Sleeve Gastrectomy in Abu Dhabi works by removing around 70% of the stomach from the person’s body. This reduces the stomach’s capacity to hold food. In return, the person feels full with a small portion of food thereby reducing the food intake of the recipient. This also makes the person feel fuller for a longer time. The reduction in the person’s appetite results in weight loss.
Before the surgery, the surgeon and the patient have a detailed discussion on the problems and issues faced by the patient and the expected results. the doctor takes to review the medical history of the candidate and may also draw some blood for testing to ensure the patient is ideal for the surgery. When the surgery is decided, the doctor plans a customized treatment and gives a list of guidelines to prepare the patient for the surgery.
The foods and medications that increase the amount of bleeding during the surgery should be avoided a week or two before the surgery. It also affects the amount of bruising after the surgery. The common items to avoid include
- Alcohol consumption
- Aspirin or any other blood-thinning medication
- Nsaid medications
- Herbal supplements
- Limiting salt intake
The patient is advised to be well hydrated so that they can better tolerate the rigors of anesthesia. They are also advised not to eat for 8 or 9 hours before the surgery.
- On the day of the operation, the site of the surgery is first cleansed and disinfected thoroughly to remove any bacteria or germs from the skin.
- The surgery is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia so that the patient is comfortable and asleep during the treatment. it takes a few hours to carry out the surgery.
- The technique of surgery depends on the patient’s and doctor’s preference. It is either done by making a large cut in the abdomen or through a laparoscopic technique i.e. through small incisions on the abdomen.
- The stomach is made into a sleeve by removing the outer curved part of the stomach and then stitching the remaining stomach together to avoid any leaks.
Aftercare and Recovery:
Post-op is very important to avoid any risk of complications and pace up the recovery process. Our doctors at Enfield Royal Clinic will give strict instructions to the patient to follow after the surgery. These include
- The patient is to take a liquid diet for the first seven days after the operation
- For the next three weeks, the patient is to have pureed foods
- A month after the operation the patient can have regular food
- Vitamins and supplements are prescribed by the surgeon that should be taken according to the prescription
- Even months after the operation the patient is advised to visit the clinic for regular checkups to monitor their health
There is a risk of bleeding and a chance of infection at the site of surgery if not taken care of properly. With the right doctor’s advice, you can recover from the issue easily. It also depends on the expertise of the doctor who carried out the process.
The average cost of the surgery ranges from AED 24,999 to AED 39,999. It depends on the complexity of the surgery, the expertise of the surgeon, and the clinical level where the surgery is carried out. The final cost is decided by the surgeon after the initial consultation.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the treatment are permanent and last for a lifetime. This is because part of the stomach is permanently removed from the patient’s body to reduce its capacity.
Request a Consultation!
If you want to learn more about Sleeve Gastrectomy in Abu Dhabi from our experts, fill up the form provided below to book your first appointment.
Gastric Sleeve gives you results that remain there permanently. So after the process, you will have the results for the rest of your life.
This is a major type of surgery that a person can get so it must be received by an expert doctor. The surgery can result in bleeding or leakage.
One of the safest ways for the weight loss is the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. This process is widely used all over the world as the risk rate for the process is minimal.
As the process is surgical, the patient will feel some pain after the process. The level of aches varies in different people with some patients facing more pain than others.
The process is carried out so that the person can step towards a healthy and happier life. After the procedure, the weight of the person starts getting reduced and he/she can live a normal life.
The change after the first month is immense and you will feel a significant change in your weight and the diet routine. Around 5 pounds are reduced by the process.
This treatment is a permanent method and no one can reverse its effects. This procedure is different from other procedures in this.
This is a successful surgery with a success rate of 80% to 90%. Generally, weight loss through the method is around 60% to 70%.