Have you suffered enough from hair loss and thinning? Are you looking for an effective method to get back a head full of hair? Continue reading to learn about how bald patches can be treated in women with the Female Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi.
It is every woman’s dream to have long, healthy and shiny hair but due to some medical conditions or body situations, it often gets difficult to maintain one’s hair. Hair loss treatments are also not helpful in certain situations to stop hair thinning or balding. To treat this condition it is important to first diagnose the reason behind hair loss. After checking if the patient is ideal for the transplant, the dermatologist then continues with the treatment.
Table of Content
The Main Goal of the Treatment:
The procedure aims to return the glory of a head full of hair to women suffering from thinning and hair loss. Its goal is to cover up the bald patches on the head by moving hair from one part of the head to the other.
The texture of the patient’s scalp is the most important determinant of transplantation growth effectiveness. Transplants develop in scar tissue, but the success rates are Fifty to seventy percent, compared to about 95 percent in a good scalp. The results last for a long time and often for a lifetime as well depending on how well the patient maintains their hair.
Pros of the Procedure:
- Baldness is eliminated in people suffering from hair loss
- The hairline of the recipient looks natural
- It increases and enhances the appearance and self-esteem of the person
- The treatment is cost-effective in the long run
- The results last for a long time if maintained properly
- The maintenance of the hair is reduced
- The results are permanent and cannot be reversed
- The appearance of the person enhances due to improved hair texture, quality, and density
Who can get the Treatment?
- Candidates over the age of 25 years old
- Women who suffer from loss of hair
- The ones who have bald patches on their head
- The females who do not suffer from any serious skin conditions or diseases
- Women who are mentally prepared for the treatment and its post-care
- The women who have enough donor area on their heads to be used for transplantation
How does the Treatment Work?
The Female Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi works like any other transplant method. Healthy follicles are taken from a donor area on the head and then transplanted into the recipient region. This covers up the region of hair loss on the head and the balding spots as well.
First, the dermatologist and the patient have a detailed discussion about the patient’s problems, concerns, and expectations from the treatment. The doctor then carries out a thorough physical examination on the patient’s head and scalp to check the current condition. Medical history is also reviewed and the doctor may also carry out some blood tests to confirm the patient is ideal for the treatment.
- Before the patient undergoes the procedure, they need to follow some doctor’s instructions to prepare for it.
- The candidate should stop taking blood-thinning medications and supplements for days before the treatment
- The recipient should not use any chemicals on their scalp before the procedure
- Smoking and alcohol consumption should also be avoided
Techniques used by the Dermatologist:
Female hair transplants are done in the same way as male hair transplants are done. Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and Follicular unit extraction (FUE) are two procedures that are used it is up to the surgeon to choose which one to use.
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
This procedure commonly known as the strip method is a hair regrowth treatment in which a client’s hair is implanted in clusters of one to four hairs called follicular units. Nerves, sebaceous glands, tiny muscles, and thin vellus hairs are also found in follicles.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
It utilizes a tool for grafting removal rather than sewing and cutting. A somewhat more natural-looking approach that is faster and easier to utilize. It is the greatest option if a person has a tight scalp or is searching for a long-term remedy.
Aftercare and Recovery:
There are some important post-instruction guidelines provided by the doctor to be followed by the patient. These are very important to avoid and minimize any risk of post-op complications and get the best possible results.
- The treatment region should not be touched or scratched even if it is itchy
- Swimming should also be avoided for as long as the doctor says so
- Smoking and alcohol also affect the results and healing process thereby these should also be avoided
- Strenuous exercise or any activity that results in sweating on the scalp should also be avoided
The Total Expense of the Procedure:
The average cost of the treatment ranges from AED – to AED -. The actual cost is directly proportional to the area being treated, the complexity of the procedure, and the experience of the doctor. The final cost is decided by the dermatologist after considering all the factors affecting the cost.
Request an Appointment!
Learn more about the Female Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain by booking an appointment at the Enfield Royal Clinic with the finest doctors and surgeons.