There are several approaches to nose surgeries to fix several nose deformities, like lifting a drippy nose, repairing asymmetrical nostrils, correcting the crooked nose, or reshaping the bridge of the nose. It can either be open or closed. In the case of open rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes an external incision on the nasal partition, i.e., the bridge between the nostrils that leaves behind a little scar. However, in the case of Closed Rhinoplasty in Abu Dhabi, all the incisions are made on the inside, and there is no visible scarring. Please continue reading to learn more about how it is done.
Table of Content
Aim of the Treatment:
The main goal of the treatment is to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. It also improves the breathing of the individual by correcting the septum. The closed procedure allows the reshaping and minor corrections without bearing any visible scarring.
- The surgery of the closed procedure takes a shorter time than an open one
- There is less recovery time and swelling
- It improves the shape of the nose
- It provides symmetry and harmony to the face
- The imperfections of the nose are addressed and fixed
- The person becomes more confident with the way they look
- It improves the overall look of the patient
The surgery results in reshaping the nose according to the patient’s desire. The results are visible two weeks after the procedure. It, however, takes around one year to achieve the final shape of the nose.
- Any person who is not satisfied with how their nose appears
- An individual between the ages of 18 to 40
- A person who does not suffer from any serious medical condition
- A candidate who is mentally prepared for the surgery
- An individual who understands the healing process and the aftercare required after the surgical procedure
- Anyone who has realistic expectations from the procedure
- Non-smokers or someone who can stop smoking for an extended period
How does the Surgery Work?
The surgery is a closed procedure thereby carried out without exposing the structure. Through the nasal openings, the surgeon makes the incisions and readjusts the muscles in the nose or adds cartilage to reshape them. There is no visible scar, and it is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia.
The first consultation with the surgeon for the Closed Rhinoplasty in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain involves a detailed discussion of the patient’s problems, concerns, expectations, and possible treatment options. Once the surgery is decided, the surgeon then prepares for the treatment.
The patient’s medical history is reviewed by the surgeon, who may carry out a blood test to ensure the patient is ideal for the surgery. A list of instructions is also provided to the patient to follow for days before the surgery to avoid any complications.
- The patient should stop smoking and alcohol consumption for days before and after the surgery.
- .the recipient should also stop blood-thinning medications, vitamin tablets, and other supplements
- If any medicines are prescribed before the surgery, they should be taken according to the prescription.
What is the Procedure?
The surgery does not take a lot of time and takes only 1 or 2 hours, depending on the complexity of the surgery.
- The area is first disinfected on the day of surgery using a sanitizing solution to remove makeup, dirt, and any other impurity.
- The surgeon then makes the patient sleep as the surgery is carried out under general anesthesia.
- The surgeon then makes incisions through the nostrils, and the cartilage is separated from the skin.
- The nose is then reshaped by adjusting the muscles, removing the extra bone, or adding the cartilage.
- Once done, the incisions are closed using stitches that are removed or dissolved with time.
- A nasal splint is then attached to make sure the nose heals properly
Post-op care is essential to avoid complications and pace up the healing process. It takes a week or two to recover after the surgery. The recovery period varies from person to person according to their healing capability. The surgeon provides a list of guidelines on what to do and what not to do after the surgery.
- The patient is not to blow their nose or scratch it until the healing is complete.
- The nasal splint is to be worn for a week after the surgery
- the patient should not wear glasses or anything on the nose
- During the first few days, the patient should only have a soft diet
- the individual should take pain-relieving medicines prescribed by the doctor in case of pain and discomfort
- the patient should also avoid the strenuous workout until the recovery is complete
- There is a chance of bleeding, especially if the patient is on blood-thinning medications.
- If not taken care of properly, there can be a risk of infection
- The surgery is carried out under general anesthesia. Thereby; there is a risk of an adverse reaction to it
- If carried out by an inexperienced surgeon, there is a chance of undesired results
The average cost of the surgery ranges from AED 7,999 to AED 19,999. It depends on the complexity of the surgery, along with the experience and qualification of the surgeon. The surgeon decides after the initial consultation and checkup.
How Long do the Results Last?
As it is a surgical procedure, the surgery results are permanent and last for a lifetime. However, if the patient undergoes an accident or an unfortunate event, they may have to come for treatment again.
Why Choose our Clinic?
All the Enfield Royal Clinic surgeons are highly experienced and qualified professionals. They provide the best surgeries in Abu Dhabi using the latest technologies and modern techniques. We ensure the treatments are safe with minimal risks involved, as our patients’ safety is essential to us. The well-trained staff provides a very comfortable and relaxing environment to the patients during the treatments. We believe in the equality of all our patients and dealing with them with dignity and respect.
Request an Appointment!
To request a free initial consultation with our surgeons for the Closed Rhinoplasty in Abu Dhabi, submit the appointment form below.