When we look at the mirror, most of us want to have a pretty streamlined, less meaty chin. Ones who have extra fat that creates an additional layer of chin find themselves in an awkward situation. It is also known as a double chin or submental fullness. If you’re one of those people, you need not worry. There exist procedures- both surgical and non-surgical that help you remove this extra layer of fats and get a fairly flattened chin.
As reported by the “American Society of Dermatologic Surgery”, as many as 68 percent of the population has an additional layer of the chin. If you, by any chance, have a double chin that you’re not satiated living with, note that you’re not alone. Considering the widespread presence of this problem, science has been used to deal with the pretty straightforward issue. The purpose of these science-led surgical and non-surgical procedures is to remove the additional layer of the chin. Double Chin Removal in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain provides the person with the perfectly shaped chin they desire.
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
The treatment is useful for the removal of extra fat under the chin. It works by taking out the fat through surgical or even non-surgical methods. It helps shape the jawline and gives the person a new and refreshed look.
As mentioned earlier, fat cells are removed from the lower part of the chin to take out the additional layer permanently. The results produced are usually permanent but the overall look of the neck would persist. The fat cells that are removed are extremely unlikely to be grown again however new cells can develop into a new layer.
Yes, by double chin removal treatment, otherwise it can not be removed by exercise and diet. With the cosmetic procedure, the fats will be eliminated permanently.
A patient only requires 45 minutes to get the treatment. The procedure is a short one and does not take a long time to get complete.
Double chin removal is a permanent solution to the issue only if the patient takes care and does exercises & diet after the procedure. With putting on weight the fats can appear again.
The cost for the Double Chin Removal ranges from AED to AED. Factors like the condition of the patient, fat amount, and techniques play an important role in deciding the cost.
The best and most effective treatment for chin removal is the liposuction technique. The process contours the face and gives proper shape.
Besides removing the fat cells that cause double chin, this procedure is likely to benefit candidates in the following ways:
- The neck becomes more prominent and defined as the excess meat is removed
- This procedure is a rather simple one and is not likely to lead to scarring.
- It enhances the appearance of a person by shaping the jawline
- The results make a person look slim and smart
- Makes a person confident in themselves
- The person looks young with a more defined facial structure
- The treatment is very safe to carry out with little downtime
- The surgical methods of redefining the chin provide permanent results
A good candidate for the treatment is:
- Somebody who has excessive meat on the lower side of the chin and it has created a double chin.
- Somebody who is uncomfortable with the existence of their double chin
- A person who is mentally prepared for the surgical procedure
- A medically fit candidate with no serious medical issues
- Somebody with medical clearance from their doctor in case of any serious medical condition
- An individual who wants to enhance their appearance and want to look young and slim
How Does it Work?
It works by eliminating the excess fat deposited on the chin which creates a double chin. In the case of surgical methods, the fats are manually removed by the surgeon using invasive procedures. These procedures also tighten the skin and give the person a more defined look. However, in non-surgical methods, the fat cells in the double chin are targeted. These cells are destroyed which results in the reduction of extra fat deposited under the chin.
The surgeon has a detailed discussion on the concerns and expectations of the patient and also takes a physical exam. He may also ask to carry out some blood work, to have a detailed idea about the medical condition and history of the patient.
After all the initial work the surgeon then suggests the methods and options that the patient can opt for. The method chosen depends on the requirements and needs of the candidate i.e. whether the candidate wants a temporary or a permanent solution.
Once decided, a list of instructions is given to the patient to prepare for the surgical or non-surgical procedures. One important instruction to be followed by every patient is to stop taking blood thinner medications before the treatment. Smoking is also to be avoided to achieve desired results and to avoid any complications during and after the treatment.
There are a number of methods that can be used for Double Chin Removal in Abu Dhabi. These include surgical and also non-surgical treatments that are mentioned below. The treatment plan of each patient is customized according to the method used and the requirements of the patient.
- Liposuction: This is a surgical method in which a small hollow tube is inserted into the region of the double chin. It is inserted in separate areas and then fat is extracted in small amounts. After that, it is covered with a bandage and a compression cloth is given to be worn to control the swelling and reshape the chin. It is carried out under local anesthesia to avoid any pain or discomfort to the patient. It results in a flatter and modified chin giving the person an improved appearance. The results are permanent.
- Neck lift: In this surgical procedure the extra fat and loose skin are removed from the neck and the chin providing the person with reshaped and tight skin in the area where there was once excess fats. It is also carried out under local or general anesthesia depending on the surgeon’s and the patient’s choice. This also gives long-lasting and permanent results however, due to continuous aging or gain in weight the person may gain a double chin in the future.
- Coolsculpting: This is a technique of freezing and ultimately killing the fat cells. A device is used to freeze off the fatty tissues in the double chin. The blood supply and oxygen is stopped for these cells resulting in their death. These dead cells are then removed by the body causing the double chin to flatten. This is a non-invasive procedure and it can take months to see visible results.
- Threadlift: This partially invasive technique is used to get rid of the double chin. It works by inserting a dissolvable tread on one end of the chin and taking it out from the other end. There is no downtime with this treatment and the results are immediately visible.
- Kybella: This method makes use of the injections that are injected into the double chin. The solution is a kind of acid that dissolves the fatty tissues naturally. These are injected in a number of places on the chin to target specific fat cells that cause the double chin. The treatment is planned according to the expectations of the candidate.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The post-op instructions are given by the surgeon according to the method of treatment. These should be followed by the patient. The recovery hugely depends on the care after the treatment. For some procedures, the healing period is small while others may take weeks to heal. In the same way, some treatments provide instant results while others have the downtime of weeks or months.
As noted above, double chin removal surgery is a relatively safer way of taking out excess fat cells. However, it may have minor side effects. Some of the risks are common to every surgical procedure.
- Firstly, there is a risk of hair loss near the place of the incision after the procedure.
- Secondly, incisions may not heal properly and require follow-up treatment.
- Thirdly, there is always a possibility of infection while performing any surgical procedure.
- Lastly, there is also a risk of reaction to the anesthesia or the possibility of bleeding especially in patients who are on blood-thinning medications. These side effects can be avoided as experts carry out this procedure, so these are unlikely to take place in the real world scenario.
The cost of Double Chin Removal in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED 900 to AED 10,000. The actual cost depends on the method of treatment. The cost of nonsurgical and surgical treatments varies. It also depends on the surgeon’s expertise and experience along with the level of the clinic and its location. The doctor determines the total expense of the treatment after analyzing all the factors.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of some procedures last for a lifetime while others provide temporary results. The surgical procedures are permanent as the fat is removed surgically from the double chin. However, if the patient gains weight after the treatment there is a chance they gain fat under the chin as well. With the non-surgical treatments, the fats are dissolved naturally without any actual removal procedure. The results of these procedures take more time than surgical ones and the candidate may get the double chin back if not maintained properly.
Can it be Removed Permanently?
With certain procedures, it can be removed permanently, without any chance of its return. This is done by the removal of extra fat or skin from the area of a double chin. However, it depends on the recipient on how they maintain their weight.
Book an Appointment!
The doctors and surgeons at the Enfield Royal Clinic are highly qualified and experienced surgeons who provide the best treatments. The friendly environment of the clinic gives the patients a very comfortable experience and the trained staff makes sure the patient is satisfied with the treatments and procedures. To get an initial consultation with our experts, fill up the form below.