Hide your burn scars with the Reconstructive surgery in Abu Dhabi.
If a person suffers from burns due to an accident the surgeon immediately carries out acute surgery which is the first response to the burned area so that the affected area can be provided with a foundation to heal. After the first surgery, the burns often do not heal properly requiring a reconstructive procedure. Burn Reconstructive Surgery in Abu Dhabi is carried out to improve the healing, appearance, and functioning of the burned area.
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
The procedure usually aims to improve the aesthetic appearance and function of the area affected by burns. The restriction caused due to improper healing is reduced by reconstructive surgeries. It also aims to prevent infections by closing open wounds.
- The appearance of burn scars is improved
- Enhances the confidence of burned victims
- The surgery is safe and effective
- The skin appears normal after the treatment
- Makes the person appear more approachable
- The results are permanent and last for a long time
The treatment results in the improvement of the appearance and also the function of the scars caused by burns. The time taken for the final results to be visible varies from person to person as it depends on their immune system and its healing capabilities. It also depends on the method of treatment as some take less time to heal and recover than others.
- A candidate with visible burn scars on their body
- A person with the realistic expectation from the surgery
- An otherwise healthy person who does not suffer from any serious medical condition
- Somebody conscious about their burn scars
- An individual who wishes to restore their appearance
The surgeon in the initial appointment discusses the patient’s problem areas and their expectation from the surgery. Their medical history is then reviewed by the surgeon to make sure the patient does not suffer from any serious medical or skin condition. A detailed physical checkup is then taken to review the current condition of the patient so that the surgeon can plan a customized treatment according to the patient’s requirements and needs.
A list of instructions is given to the patient to prepare for the procedure that is to be followed by the patient. The patient is to stop taking blood-thinning medications and supplements for days before and after the surgery.
There are several methods the surgeon can opt for the Burn Reconstructive Surgery in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain for the burn victims. These are either carried out under the influence of local or general anesthesia depending on the patient’s and surgeon’s preference.
The patients may need surgery in the future as well. This is because the relationship between burn patients and the reconstructive surgeon is often a long one. Some of the methods used by the surgeons are described below:
The surgeon takes skin from one section of the body and transplants it to the burnt area in this procedure. This procedure leaves permanent scars that are typically noticeable. The surgeon removes the outermost layer of skin from the donor region with a specific device which is then applied to the recipient’s site and secured with either dissolvable or detachable sutures.
This technique is utilized to allow the surgeon to generate more skin for the reconstructive process. A balloon expander is put under the skin where healing is required. This balloon is loaded with a fluid that makes the skin grow and stretch. This enables the excess skin to expand, just like it does during pregnancy. When the skin development is sufficient the balloon expander is withdrawn and the skin is utilized to repair the burnt region.
Skin flaps including muscles, skin, and fats are moved from one region to another. To remove the flap and subsequently transfer it to the other region, a surgical operation is required. Microvascular surgery is used to reconnect the blood vessels on the flap.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The list of post-op care instructions is given to the patients to follow to avoid any complications and to achieve effective results.
- The wounds are to be kept clean and dry to minimize any risk of infection
- The wound when healing may feel itchy, the patients are strictly to avoid scratching as it can affect the results and healing
- The medications and ointment prescribed are to be taken on time according to the prescription
- The patient is to stop smoking for days after the procedure for at least a month
The recovery time varies from patient to patient and also on the method used by the surgeon. On average the wounds may take a few months to completely heal. The scars may take even a longer time to lighten as they do not completely fade away.
- There is a risk of infection in the chronic wounds if not taken care of properly
- The treatment often results in undesirable scarring
- There is a possibility that the treated region losses normal feeling
- There is also a risk of excessive loss of blood from the treated site
The average cost of Burn Reconstructive Surgery in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED 2,000 to AED 45,000. The actual cost depends on the complexity of the treatment, the method chosen by the surgeon, and the number of sessions required. The final cost is determined by the surgeon after the initial consultation.
The treatment for burn victims is usually covered by insurance companies. To confirm the insurance coverage the providers are to be contacted.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the treatment are permanent and last for a lifetime. The appearance of the treated area may change with time due to the natural aging process and the settling of the area into new contours.
Book an Appointment!
The surgeons and doctors at Enfield Royal Clinic perform the best and most effective surgeries that provide the desired results. Book a free appointment with them by filling up the consultation form given below.