After undergoing any surgical procedure, scars may form to protect and strengthen the healing tissues. These scars do not completely fade away once the healing is complete. Their appearance can bother the patients especially if they are on a normally visible body part. To get rid of these, there are several treatment options an individual can opt. one such option is laser resurfacing for the Post Surgical Scars Treatment in Abu Dhabi. Continue reading to know all about the procedure.
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
The treatment aims to minimize the appearance of otherwise dark and visible scars. The scars are not completely removed but their appearance is improved making the patient less conscious of it. The skin is made to appear normal and stop the growth of scars.
- The itching and pain in the scars are reduced
- The cars look less prominent and visible to the naked eye
- Improves the aesthetic appearance of the scars
- The provides the patients with clear and a smooth skin
- It increases the confidence and self-esteem of the patient
- Makes a person less conscious about their scars
- It is a very safe and an effective procedure
- It stimulates the production of collagen that helps to reduce the appearance of scars
The treatment results in a reduction in the appearance of scars on the skin. It provides smooth and clear skin to the patients. The scars are completely removed however their appearance is reduced making them less noticeable to the naked eye. Several sessions of laser treatment are required to obtain optimum results which can take two or 3 months.
- Anyone who does not suffer from any serious skin condition or disease
- An individual who is mentally prepared for the treatment
- A person with unwanted scarring on any part of the body
- Someone conscious about the way their scar appears
- A person who suffers mentally due to visible scars on their face or body
- A candidate with realistic expectations from the procedure
Types of Scars That Can be Treated:
- Scars caused due to acne
- The scars due to skin burn
- Scars that result after surgical procedures
- Scars due to any kind of injury
The initial consultation and checkup for the Post Surgical Scars Treatment in Abu Dhabi consist of a detailed discussion between the skin care specialist and the patient about the treatment options and the expected results. The scarring is evaluated thoroughly before any treatment is suggested by the doctor. The patient’s medical history is also reviewed to make sure they do not suffer from any condition that may affect the treatment or may be affected by the treatment.
Once the treatment method is decided, the patient is given a list of dos and don’ts to prepare them for the procedure.
- Blood-thinning medications should be stopped for at least a week before the treatment
- The patient should stop taking any vitamin tablets and supplements
- The skin should be kept moisturized and hydrated so that the treatment area does get dry during treatment
- Sun exposure should be kept at a minimum as it can further damage the skin
- Smoking and alcohol consumption should be avoided for weeks before the treatment as it can affect the procedure and healing process
- To protect the skin from high UV rays, a high SPF sunscreen should be used
- In the first step, the dermatologist identifies the scar
- The skin is then cleaned with a disinfecting or a sterilizing solution
- The skin is then numbed using a numbing cream or by administering a local anesthetic into the treatment area
- To protect the eyes from laser, in case of a facial scar, the eyes are covered with a protecting eye patch
- The laser device is then set according to the patient’s skin and the location of the scar as a high-intensity laser can damage the sensitive skin
- The laser device is like a stamping tool as the laser stamps along the entire area of the scar using short pulses
- The char that forms on the surface is then wiped off using a clean cotton
- The process is then repeated in case of a deeper scar
- The laser heats the area of the skin which stimulates the body to produce more collagen
- Once the procedure is complete, a soothing ointment and cold compress are applied to minimize any discomfort or pain
- After the session is complete, the patient is given an appointment for 2 weeks to check the healing of the scar tissue
Other Treatment Options:
There are two main categories into which the treatment options can be divided. These are mentioned below
- Scar revision
- Fat transfer
- Skin Grafting
- Chemical peels
- Dermal fillers
- Topical treatments
Aftercare and Recovery:
After the treatment, the patient is provided with a list of guidelines on how to care for the treated region. These are important to follow to avoid complications and to achieve the best possible outcome.
- The treated region should not be exposed to sunlight for weeks as it can affect the healing process and results of the treatment
- A cold compress or ice pack should be applied to minimize discomfort and pain after the procedure and to reduce the swelling
- An ointment is provided by the dermatologist that should be applied to the treated area according to the prescription
- Pain-relieving medications may also be provided that can be taken if the patient feels pain or discomfort in the treated area
- The skin is to be kept clean, hydrated, and moisturized with a good moisturizer advised by the dermatologist
- A high SPF sunscreen should be applied to protect the skin from high UV rays.
- The recovery period depends on the patient’s immune system and the treatment method used by the skin care specialist. It can vary from a few weeks to months as well.
The average cost of the treatment ranges from AED 500 to AED 5,000. The final cost depends on the number of sessions required to achieve optimum results and the expertise of the skincare specialist carrying out the treatment. It is determined by the dermatologist after the first consultation and initial checkup that includes a physical examination of the area to be treated.
How Long Do the Results Last?
The results are permanent and last forever. However, a new surgery on the previously treated region may result in the formation of new scars. To treat the new scars the individual can get the treatment repeated.
Why Choose Our Clinic?
The dermatologists at the Enfield Royal Clinic are highly qualified and experienced professionals. Their expertise in various departments provides the best treatments with guaranteed results. They use the latest technologies and modern techniques to give the clients the results they want. The staff is well trained and their friendly outlook gives a comfortable and relaxed environment to the patients and clients. Patient safety is our number one priority due to which all Covid 19 and safety protocols are strictly followed. If you are wondering what would be your best choice to get quality treatment at affordable prices, this is the right place for you.
Book an Appointment
Get a free initial consultation for the Post Surgical Scars Treatment in Abu Dhabi with our skincare specialists by filling up the form given below.