People may start losing hair with growing age due to a number of reasons. These can be due to hereditary or some other medical reasons. Such people can get professional help to restore their hair. There are a number of treatments the individual can go for to get thicker and healthy hair. These are offered by hair specialists. One such treatment for people suffering from bald patches on the head is the Fuss Hair Transplant in Abu Dhabi. In this treatment, the bald patches are covered with hair. These hairs are taken from the back of the head. This is the area that is not affected by the process of balding.
Table of Content
The Essence of Treatment:
It is a conventional treatment that has been in use for ages. This procedure takes healthy hair follicles from the back of the head and is placed on the balding areas. This is done by shaving a patch from the back of the head from where the skin is removed. The removed skin contains healthy hair follicles that are placed one by one on the recipient area. This results in healthy hair growing on the otherwise bald area. It provides volume to the hair and covers bald patches.
The outcome of the procedure is a head full of healthy and thick hair. The bald patches are covered as new hair grows from the otherwise bald area. The recovery takes a few weeks as the wounds are healed and the new hair follicles are adjusted in their new sites. After a few weeks, the hair grows that are usually weak and small. These hairs fall off after some time which is normal. After that the new healthy hair grows that takes around 9 or 10 months to be visible. These hairs stay and are the actual results of the treatment.
There are a number of benefits of the procedure. These include
- The procedure covers the bald patches
- The overall volume of the hairs increases
- The follicular units are extracted under the microscope thus the chances of damaged hair follicles decrease
- There is an extra layer of fat under the skin that is removed, this results in the hair follicles thriving much better in the recipient area
- It makes a person more confident to go to social gatherings or in public
- The self-esteem of a person is also enhanced with an improved look
- The area from where the skin is removed is sutured in such a way that the patch is completely covered and with time there is no sign of the procedure
- It gives long-lasting results thus the procedure does not have to be repeated after intervals
- Any medically fit person suffering from excessive hair loss or having balding patches is perfect for the treatment.
- Men suffering from male pattern baldness are also perfect for the treatment
- Somebody who is conscious about losing hair and wishes to change their look
- People whose donor areas are dense with healthy hair
- A person with a stable hair loss pattern is ideal for the treatment
- Anybody with realistic expectations from the treatment
- Somebody who is committed to the aftercare of the procedure
How does it Work?
It works by moving healthy hair from one part of the head to the other. A patch of skin is removed from the back of the head that contains healthy hair. Healthy hair results from healthy hair follicles that are then removed and placed on the area that needs more hair. Small cuts are made in this area and hair follicles are placed using a pair of tweezers.
To prepare for the treatment, the doctor analyzes the scalp thoroughly and then prepares the course of action to be taken. Before the procedure, the doctor may also carry out some blood work to make sure the candidate is ideal for the treatment.
Once the treatment is confirmed, a list of instructions is given to the individual to prepare them for the procedure. Blood-thinning medications and smoking are to be avoided for weeks before and after the treatment.
A day before the procedure the person is to wash their hair thoroughly so that the area to be treated is clean.
- The treatment starts with the surgeon marking the hairline of the patient
- The donor area is shaved from where the skin is removed
- The area is then sutured with dissolvable or removable stitches
- From the skin removed, the hair follicles are separated under the microscope carefully
- These are first stored in a solution for some time.
- Once they are all removed, they are carefully transplanted into the recipient area by making small cuts
Aftercare and Recovery:
The treated area is red and tender right after the procedure and it takes some days for the wounds to heal. The sutured area may take longer to heal as compared to the recipient area. Special care needs to be taken to get desirable results. The patient is to avoid taking a shower for some days until the surgeon says so.
After around 3 to 4 months the new hair will be seen which falls off. New hair then grows that is comparatively strong and healthy.
Side Effects :
The temporary side effects include temporary redness and tenderness in the treated area. There is also a risk of infection in the treated region and also in the donor area that is sutured. It is to be kept clean and dry to avoid the risk of infection.
The average cost of Fuss Hair Treatment in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED – and AED -. The actual cost is determined by the surgeon after careful analysis of the current condition of the hair. If there are large patches of the bald area the cost will be higher than treating an area with small patches.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the treatment last for a long time and often for a lifetime as well. However, as hair loss is a progressive process the person may still lose hair after the treatment. In such cases, if bald patches appear, the person can go through the procedure again.
Book an Appointment!
The doctors and surgeons at the Enfield Royal Clinic are highly qualified and experienced. The well-trained staff makes sure the patients are comfortable and get the best treatments. To get a free initial appointment with the finest surgeons, fill-up the form below.