You may believe that active acne is one of the most aggravating dermatological disorders you may have until you have to deal with acne scars. We’re not referring to little dark or red spots that fade with time, exfoliation, and scar-fading spot treatments.
Instead, we’re talking about atrophic scarring, also known as indented scars, which occur beneath the upper layer of skin tissue due to severe acne that hinders the skin from adequately regenerating tissue, leaving behind uneven texture in the shapes of icepick, rolling, and boxcar scars. Microneedling for Acne Scars in Abu Dhabi is the best option to deal with the problem.
Table of Content
Aim of Treatment:
Specialist Microneedling procedures stimulate the skin’s natural ability to regenerate and repair itself, resulting in smoother, fresher, relatively young, and healthier skin. It employs a revolutionary 16-needle cartridge, with these needles gliding over the skin to create more channels for better results with minor discomfort. It works best for resolving the following issues:
- Scars from acne and trauma: The treatment is intended to rejuvenate and restore the skin by stimulating collagen production, effectively treating scars.
- Stretchmarks: It promotes collagen and elastin production in the skin, resulting in new skin tissue that is smoother, firmer, and more toned.
- Photo-damaged and aging skin: Microneedling can also be used to restore and improve sun-damaged skin.
The treatment has the following benefits:
- Due to applying a topical anesthetic before surgery, there is no pain and little downtime.
- Collagen production is increased for natural skin renewal.
- Scars are effectively repaired. Scars from acne and stretch marks are all removed. Instantaneous effects that improve with time
- The discoloration is reduced.
- Refreshes and revitalizes skin.
- Wrinkles and lines are diminished.
- Instantaneous effects that improve with time
Everything from wrinkles and dark under-eye bags to stretch marks, discoloration, improved product absorption, and even acne scars may improve from the treatment. As a result, the skin appears plumper and more even in texture and tone, with less visible scars.
How Does it Work?
Using the Microneedling headpiece, we can precisely control needle depth and create thousands of little columns in the dermis of your skin, encouraging natural collagen production. The inclusion of cells improves the structure of the dermis.
Treatments can be enhanced by adding a Platelet Rich Plasma PRP serum, which accelerates and enhances the rejuvenation process.
If you have a Microneedling appointment, there are a few things you should do ahead of time.
- In the week leading up to your appointment, limit your alcohol intake and avoid anything that could obstruct healing.
- Stay out of the sun for at least 24 hours before your appointment.
- Finally, before going to the clinic, make sure your face is clean and bare.
Your dermatologist will provide you with these details during your initial consultation and in the days leading up to your appointment. The procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes to complete. Your dermatologist will use a numbing medicine beforehand, even if uncomfortable.
The following steps will be followed during the treatment:
- Before the procedure, your practitioner will numb your skin with a topical anesthetic for your comfort. Next, they will perform the treatment, which will take 45-60 minutes depending on the area being treated, using a particular Microneedling technique.
- Your skin may feel warmer and tighter than usual immediately after your treatment, and you will appear to have mild sunburn. Your practitioner may apply a post-procedure product to help your skin recuperate.
- Treatment regimens vary based on the issue being addressed, but you should expect 3-6 treatments spaced out over six weeks.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The majority of people do not require any rehabilitation time following the Microneedling process. Because the method is non-invasive, you can go about your routine as usual.
However, you may experience some irritation due to the needles’ little damage. There may be some redness as well.
Because your skin will be susceptible, your dermatologist will advise you to use sunscreen or avoid the sun for a brief period of time.
After a few weeks, you should see some benefits. However, you may need multiple sessions to maintain these effects and attain your target skin.
Is Microneedling the Best Acne Scars Treatment?
Microneedling offers a high success and satisfaction rate for acne scars. Once active acne has been cleaned up with medication, it’s one of the most effective scar treatments. Because it relies on the body’s inherent healing capabilities, it is one of the safest treatments. Compared to laser therapy, Microneedling is also less uncomfortable and has a similar satisfaction rate.
It is, without a doubt, one of the better accessible solutions. On the other hand, your doctor offers a variety of acne-fighting choices. They will advise you on which procedure is best for you.
How many Sessions are Required?
Microneedling should be done no more than once a month in general. This method works well because the superficial skin cells take roughly 4-6 weeks to change over average. You can still talk to your dermatologist about the best frequency for your skin.
The cost of Microneedling for Acne Scars in Abu Dhabi can start from AED 499 per session. Depending on the number of sessions needed to treat the problem, the cost will go up. The doctor determines the actual cost after the initial consultation.
Book a Consultation!
At Enfield Royal Clinic, we offer the initial consultation entirely free of cost. If you want to learn more about Microneedling for Acne Scars in Abu Dhabi, you can book a free appointment by filling out the consultation form below.