The Mandelic Peel in Abu Dhabi is a subclass of glycolic acid peels, sometimes known as AHA peels. The German chemist Ferdinand Ludwig Winkler was the one who originally identified it as an aromatic peel. Due to the large molecular structure and modest penetration of the epidermis, the skin peel is often mild. It is a preferred peel for the treatment of rosacea as well as sensitive and damaged skin.
Table of Content
Aim of the Treatment:
It is excellent for people with sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, irritated skin, or those who are new to aesthetic skin procedures. In order to decrease inflammation, and promote exfoliation, it aims to penetrate deeply into the skin.
- Enhances the skin tone
- Heals skin damage from the sun
- Improve the look of lines and wrinkles by exfoliating the skin.
- Reduce the appearance of any black spots or pigmentation
- Helps in combating acne
- Addresses the back heads on the skin
Within several days, as cell turnover begins and the acid begins to resurface the skin, the individual may anticipate seeing the initial effects, such as smoother skin. After taking the acid for 4–8 weeks, persistent dark spots start to fade and breakouts are decreased.
- Anyone who wishes to improve the appearance of early symptoms of aging and revive their skin
- somebody with sensitive skin
- A person who doesn’t have any significant skin issues or diseases
- A person who has pimples and acne
- Anyone whose skin produces too much oil and has big pores
- A person with pigmentation issues and an uneven skin tone
How Does it Work?
By loosening the bonds that bind skin cells together, the treatment approach encourages skin cell shedding. In this procedure, the acid dissolves the outermost layer of skin, revealing the healthier underlying layer beneath. It resurfaces the skin with the turnover of the cells. This enhances the appearance of the skin and reduces faults and problems with it, such as large pores, acne, irritation, pimples, and excessive oil production. The peel possesses antibacterial properties.
The patient’s complaints, worries, and treatment expectations are discussed at the initial consultation with the skincare expert. To determine if they are a good candidate for the treatment, their medical history is reviewed and a physical examination is performed. The candidate is given a list of instructions to help them get ready for the surgery.
- Before the surgery, the person should refrain from tanning for many weeks because scorched skin is not optimal for the procedure.
- To prevent the skin from experiencing negative side effects after the operation, it is advisable to only use little doses of the chemical.
- To shield the skin from strong UV rays, a sunscreen with a high SPF should be used.
The following steps are involved in the Mandelic Peel in Abu Dhabi
Step 1: Cleansing
First, the skin is thoroughly cleansed and disinfected to remove any makeup or dirt from the surface of the skin. The dermatologist may cleanse the skin twice just in case.
Step 2: Apply Vaseline to sensitive areas
The sensitive area(s) on the skin are then protected by applying Vaseline to such areas. This is so that the chemical does not irritate these areas.
Step 3: Apply peel evenly on a full face
Using a brush or a sponge, the skin cares professional then applies a thin layer of the peel all over the skin.
Step 4: Let it dry
It is then made to dry using a fan which also provides a cooling effect on the skin.
Step 5: Neutralize face with chilled water
The skincare professional then takes cotton and chilled water to neutralize the chemical on the skin and provide a soothing effect
Step 6: Apply a second layer of peel if required
The dermatologist may apply a second layer as well depending on the skin condition of the patient and their desired results.
Step 7: Apply sealing peel
After neutralizing, the doctor then applies a sealing peel all over the skin
Step 8: Do not wash the face
Leave the skin as it is for at least 8 hours or for as long as the doctor says so that the peel can be absorbed by the skin.
The clients are given some post-operative aftercare on taking care of the treated area(s) to promote healing and get the optimum outcomes. Following the procedure, the patient should refrain from washing their face for the duration prescribed by the doctor.
- The skin’s crusts should not be pulled off.
- A decent sunscreen should be applied to protect the epidermis from the sun’s strong UV radiation.
- To hasten the healing process, the skin needs to be maintained moisturized and hydrated.
- The recipient shouldn’t take a hot shower or go to the sauna till the healing is finished.
- Additionally, chemical-containing skincare products are to be avoided during the first several days.
How Much Does it Cost?
The average cost of the procedure ranges from AED 200 to AED 1000. The number of sessions required, the expertise of the dermatologist, the level of the clinic, and its location all influence the price. After the initial consultation, the doctor will decide on the final price keeping in mind all the factors affecting it.
Book an Appointment!
Learn more about the Mandelic Peel in Abu Dhabi by contacting us or book a free initial consultation by filling up the form given below.