Table of Content
Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy:
Gastroscopy and colonoscopy are medical procedures that involve the examination of the digestive system. With advancements in technology, AI (Artificial Intelligence) has become a promising tool to improve the accuracy and efficiency of these procedures. To learn more, about Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy by AI in Abu Dhabi, keep reading the page!
Gastroscopy is a medical treatment often referred to as an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy used to see the upper digestive tract, which includes the oesophagus, stomach, and first segment of the small intestine.
If a candidate is experiencing symptoms like recurrent heartburn, issues in swallowing, unexpected weight loss, abdominal pain or discomfort, vomiting, or digestive tract bleeding, then a gastroscopy may be advised by Dr Kadir Koray.
Not only this, but it can also be used to remove an object, extract a tissue sample for additional testing, or carry out specific therapies. The surgery is often carried out while the candidate is sedated and is typically safe and well-tolerated.
How is it?
During a gastroscopy, an endoscope- is a thin, flexible tube with a tiny camera attached to one end, and is inserted through the mouth & down into the digestive tract. The doctor can view images of the digestive system’s interior on a screen. This permits the doctor to identify any abnormalities, such as inflammation, ulcers, tumours, or other issues that may be affecting the digestive tract.
A medical technique called a colonoscopy is used to see into the colon, also known as the large intestine. A colonoscopy includes passing a colonoscope through the colon after being inserted through the rectum. It has a camera at one end of a thin, flexible tube. The camera captures images of the interior of the colon, allowing the physician to identify any anomalies, such as inflammation, polyps, tumours, or other potential issues.
A colonoscopy may be recommended for a wide range of reasons, including colorectal cancer screening, investigating unexplained abdominal symptoms, keeping track of chronic gastrointestinal problems, or responding to odd test results
Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy by AI in Abu Dhabi:
Artificial intelligence (AI) can assist in the diagnosis of digestive system diseases or anomalies that may go undetected by human inspection alone. Also, it can help with the analysis of photos and videos taken during the treatments, giving doctors more detailed and accurate information.
The use of AI during gastroscopy and colonoscopy can result in the earlier identification of digestive system conditions such as polyps, cancer, and ulcers. Patients may benefit from earlier treatment and improved outcomes as a result of this.
Diagnostic and Screening AI-assisted Gastrointestinal Flexible Endoscopies: Gastroscopy/ Colonoscopy
Screening and diagnostic are the two gastrointestinal flexible endoscopies that can be helped by artificial intelligence for instance gastroscopy and colonoscopy. They have the potential to completely change the practice of gastrointestinal medicine. To view the lining of the oesophagus, stomach, and colon during these procedures, a flexible tube equipped with a camera and light source is inserted into the digestive tract.
With the use of AI technology, the photos and videos that were acquired throughout the process can be more accurately and effectively interpreted, enabling the diagnosis of anomalies or lesions. This can involve looking for polyps, tumours, ulcers, and other gastrointestinal conditions.
Also, AI can help with the screening of high-risk groups for gastrointestinal conditions including colon cancer. When used for screening, AI-assisted gastroscopy and colonoscopy can increase the accuracy & effectiveness of the process, resulting in earlier identification and treatment of these disorders.
How does the Accuracy of AI-assisted Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy Compare to Traditional Methods?
As per the experts at Enfield Royal Clinic, AI technology can improve the detection and diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases and provide multiple benefits such as:
- Detection of abnormalities and lesions that may be missed by human observation alone. This can improve patient outcomes by enabling early detection and treatment of gastrointestinal illnesses.
- Can more rapidly and precisely examine photos and videos taken during the surgery than human observers. As a result, digestive problems may be identified and treated more quickly.
- Help in the screening of high-risk groups for gastrointestinal illnesses including colorectal cancer. This may result in earlier diagnosis and treatment of certain disorders, which would benefit patients.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders can lower healthcare expenses incurred by more sophisticated and involved therapies.
- This can result in Candidates having a less painful and invasive experience because the technology can eliminate the need for additional operations or biopsies.
What are the Preparation Instructions?
Preparation for gastroscopy and colonoscopy is essential for the success of the procedure and the accuracy of the results. Here are some instructions for preparing for these procedures:
- It is essential to follow specific instructions for preparation that your doctor will provide you, this includes what foods and medications to avoid before the procedure.
- The candidates will likely be asked to fast for a certain period before the procedure. This may involve not eating or drinking anything for some hours prior to the process.
- Drink plenty of water before the procedure as this can help prevent dehydration and make the procedure more comfortable.
- The doctor may prescribe medications to help the candidate prepare for the procedure, such as laxatives or enemas. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and take the medication as directed.
- The candidate may be given sedation during the procedure, which can make it unsafe for them to drive after the process.
- The candidates will require to change into a hospital gown for the procedure, so wear comfortable clothing that is easy to remove.
How is the Procedure Done?
Before the procedure, the candidate will be given anaesthesia to help them relax and minimize discomfort. The procedure typically takes half an hour to one hour to complete. Anyhow, during the procedure, the doctor will insert the endoscope through the rectum and into the colon. The camera will permit the doctor to examine the lining of the colon and identify any abnormalities.
After the process, the candidate will require to follow the aftercare tips in order to attain optimal results. The candidates will be monitored until the sedative wears off and additionally, the candidates might experience some discomfort, bloating, or cramping after the procedure, but these symptoms should subside within a few hours. Anyhow, the candidates are required to:
- Avoid strenuous activities.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Refrain from smoking.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Take the prescribed medications.
How much is the Cost?
According to the doctors at Enfield Royal Clinic, the cost of Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy by AI in Abu Dhabi is not fixed as there are some factors that will impact the real price. Thus, the real price will be decided at the initial meeting with the surgeon.
A Step to Healthy Digestive System!
Meet your doctor about whether a colonoscopy or gastroscopy could be right for you if you are having digestive problems or have a family history of digestive illnesses. Clear the path to a healthy digestive system, detect & prevent the issues by filling out the below form. We assure to provide you with the best and most effective examination and solution.