An extended, fat tummy puts a person in a socially awkward situation. People say, exercise might help but many of us neither have the time nor the patience to overcome this problem. The deposition of fat on different areas of the body can be due to multiple reasons. These can be due to genetics, pregnancy, age, etc. These fats can negatively impact a person as it affects self-confidence. One of such places where there can be an accumulation of fat or extra skin in the lower stomach. To treat this deformity of the figure a person can go for Mini Abdominoplasty in Abu Dhabi. Through this procedure, a person can do away with this extra loose skin and fat deposits and get the flat abdomen that they desire.
Table of Content
Another name for the treatment is a mini tummy tuck. The difference from a full tummy tuck surgery is that the amount of fat and skin extracted is less. The skin and muscles are made tighter and some fat is also extracted. This is done by making a small cut over the pubic region. There is not much scarring after the surgery as the cut is only a couple of inches. This enhances the physical appearance of a person by contouring the body.
This procedure is beneficial for a number of reasons. These include:
- Not having to go through full abdominoplasty on the lower belly
- It gives the person a flat tummy.
- It improves the physical appearance by contouring the body
- Increases the self-esteem and confidence
- A person can wear their desired clothing without feeling self-conscious
- Less invasive than other procedures
The treatment gives a tighter and leveled tummy after healing. It is a very effective procedure for the ones unable to get do away with their belly pooch despite exercising and having a good diet. It gives a person the perfect flat tummy that some people could only wish for. It is specifically personalized for the individual by the doctor to fulfill their need for the perfect figure.
An ideal candidate to get Mini Abdominoplasty in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain is:
- A person who is physically fit
- A person who only has a little fat or some loose skin to be extracted
- Somebody with realistic expectations from the procedure
- An individual with fat only between the belly button and pubic area
- Women who wish to get their pre-pregnancy body back
- A person who is okay with a little scarring on the pubic region
- An individual who does not want to undergo lengthy recovery but still wishes to tighten their lower belly
How does it Work?
The extra skin or fats on the area between the belly and pubic region is extracted through surgery. The area is made tighter by tightening the skin. This reshapes the stomach of a person making it leveled and smooth giving the body a contoured look.
The surgeon first has a detailed discussion with the individual about the current condition and expectations from the procedure. He then examines the patient physically and also closely examines the medical history.
The procedure is different for each person. The doctor after a complete examination of the patient decides about the treatment. If the patient is eligible for the treatment, he then proceeds with it. Otherwise, alternative options like liposuction are suggested.
For the preparation, the doctor gives a few instructions to follow. For example, the patient may be recommended to cease drinking, smoking, and any medicines that cause the blood to be thinner, prior to and after the surgery.
If the surgery is to be carried out under general anesthesia, the doctor gives instructions to prepare for it as well.
The length of the procedure depends on the individual and on the fat or loose skin to be extracted. It usually takes about 1 to 2 hours to carry out the surgery.
A small cut is made and the skin is removed from the muscles. The underlying muscles are then brought together which tightens the stomach. After that, the skin is pulled down over the stomach. It is then stitched together after trimming.
Aftercare and Recovery:
- The person is to be on bed rest for at least the first 48 hours following the procedure
- The patient is given a pain killer following the procedure to numb the pain.
- The patient is to avoid overexertion and putting pressure on the wound.
- The individual should take at least the first 2 weeks off of work for the wound to heal
- The area of surgery is to be routinely checked by the surgeon to confirm they are healing properly
- The surgical area is to be kept dry and clean
- Avoid stretching for some weeks until healing is complete
- Eating a balanced diet is also advised to speed up the healing process
- The swelling also takes time to recede and the compression suit might be worn for a few weeks
There are minor side effects to the procedure like:
- There is a scar left after complete healing on the abdominal area
- There can be a chance of infection on the site of surgery
- The scar takes time to heal
- Discomfort for the first two weeks after the surgery
- The individual may experience mild swelling and bruise
How Long do the Results Last?
The outcome of the procedure depends on the maintenance of weight loss by the individual. Though the results of the surgery are permanent, there can be an accumulation of fat on the lower abdomen if the person gains weight in the future.
The cost for Mini Abdominoplasty in Abu Dhabi is AED 35,000 to AED 40,000. However, the actual cost of the procedure depends on a number of factors and it is determined by the surgeon after the initial consultation.
Book an Appointment!
To get a free initial consultation with our highly qualified surgeons, fill-up the form below