Get rid of your hair loss problem with the best treatments!
Millions of people have to deal with the issue of hair loss, at any point in their lives. No matter what the cause is, either genetic or any other medical problem, hair loss is a condition that one doesn’t want to live with. If you’re one of those people struggling with hair loss, don’t worry about it. It might surprise you to know that your own blood cells could be utilized to cure the condition of hair loss through PRP Hair Treatment in Abu Dhabi.
The good thing about this treatment is that it’s a non-surgical procedure with little to no side effects. It is carried out by injecting platelets found in your blood into your head to stimulate the growth of hair.
Table of Content
- Non-surgical procedure
- Procedure time: 45 minutes
- Recovery time: 4 to 6 weeks
- Results last: 1 to 2 years
- Side Effects: No risks
What is the Treatment?
The major goal of the PRP treatment is to aid in the initiation and maintenance of natural hair growth by increasing blood flow to the hair and increasing the thickness of growing hair. Conventionally, the technique was used to heal wounds caused by trauma and joint injury. Owing to its ability to regenerate, the technique is now used to treat baldness or excessive loss of hair.
Oftentimes, this technique is employed in combination with other hair loss treatment techniques and medications. The patient’s blood is extracted, which is subsequently prepared to extract the platelet-rich plasma. These are then used to make injections. These injections are then administered to the scalp in order to promote hair growth.
Primarily, it stimulates the growth of new hair and thickens them. The results of this procedure usually appear after six months of the administration of scalp Micropigmentation. The results of this treatment are not for a lifetime. In order to maintain the results, the treatment is to be repeated once every year.
Platelet-rich plasma injections are beneficial for multiple reasons.
- Firstly, it’s a non-surgical procedure and doesn’t incur too many complications. Therefore, it doesn’t usually result in major side effects.
- Secondly, it’s a process that induces the natural growth of hair which is a permanent solution to the problem of hair loss.
- Thirdly, because the injection is mainly composed of your own blood cells, the risk of allergic reaction to the injection is very minimal.
- Fourthly, the procedure has a multi-pronged effect- it stops hair loss, stimulates hair growth, and thickens the hair
- Lastly, as the results improve the overall quality of hair, it helps the person become more confident in social situations.
The ideal candidate for PRP treatments is the one who
- has just started to undergo either the loss of hair or thinning of hair.
- It’s effective to treat Male/female pattern baldness caused either by stress or as a result of any medication.
- People who suffer from alopecia areata can also undergo the treatment
- Who has realistic expectations
- Overall health is perfect
How does it Work?
The procedure works by targeting the hair follicles. These hair follicles are responsible for the growth of hair. Hair starts thinning and bald patches may also start appearing if the hair follicles become weak and stop producing healthy hairs. The platelet-rich plasma strengthens these hair follicles. These then start producing healthy hair and also improve the texture and quality of hair.
In the initial appointment, the doctor discusses the patient’s concerns and issues and also takes a physical exam of the scalp to see the current condition of the hair. The doctor may also suggest some blood work to analyze the underlying cause of hair loss. After a complete check-up, if the patient is an ideal candidate for the treatment the surgeon starts with the preparation.
- A day before the treatment, the patient is asked to thoroughly wash their hair so that the scalp is clean for the procedure.
- stop smoking as smoking can affect the healing process
- Patients need to avoid blood thinners as blood thinners can cause bleeding during the treatment.
All the instructions given by the doctor regarding preparation should be followed by the patient for a successful treatment.
A minimum of 3 sessions are required in order to achieve effective results. These can be one or two months apart. The surgeon tells the number of sessions required and the gap between them.
As mentioned above, PRP Hair Treatment in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain is a non-surgical procedure that is mainly comprised of three steps. These three steps usually take no more than 20-30 minutes. These steps are applied in every session.
- The first step involves careful extraction of blood using a syringe
- It is then processed in a centrifuge which separates platelets from other platelet-poor plasma and other blood cells.
- Then the platelet-rich plasma is transferred into a syringe.
- After that, the scalp is numbed using a cream or some other numbing ointment
- Once it is numbed, it is then injected into different areas of the scalp.
- After this, the scalp is then cleaned and sterilized to avoid any infections.
Aftercare and Recovery:
After every session of PRP, the patient returns to their daily routine. The patient does not need to take any days off from work or school. The hair is to be washed normally in between the procedure. In case the patient suffers from pain or irritation on the site of injection, they are to consult the doctor.
The candidates are advised not to dye their hair for at least 3 to 4 days after each session.
As mentioned above PRP treatment is a relatively safer way of treating hair loss. However, it could potentially have very minute side effects.
- The injection could lead to a slight discomfort in the area of the scalp where it is administered.
- The scalp could be swollen for a couple of days due to the treatment
- There is a possibility of scarring on the head which is however covered by the hair
- The person could suffer from hair loss temporarily after the procedure
Cost of PRP Hair Treatment in Abu Dhabi:
The average cost of PRP Hair Treatment in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED 1000. The actual cost of the treatment depends on the number of sessions required to achieve effective results. It also depends on the surgeon’s expertise and experience. The total expense will be determined by the surgeon after keeping all the factors in mind.
How Long do the Results Last?
The results of the procedure last for a long time but it is not permanent. In order to maintain the results, the method needs to be repeated once a year. It makes the hair grow thicker and better.
How many Sessions of PRP are Required?
The number of sessions required by the patient is determined by the doctor. It varies from person to person. Usually, three or four sessions are required however the number may increase depending on the condition of the patient.
What is the Success Rate of the Treatment?
The rate of success is estimated to be between 70 and 90 percent for the average individual. It works best in young folks who are just starting to see the symptoms of hereditary loss of hair and thinning. The results are not as effective in patients who already have bald patches on their heads as it means that the hair follicles have been inactive for a long time. Such people may require a greater number of sessions.
Book an Appointment!
The doctors at the Enfield Royal clinic are highly qualified and experienced professionals. They analyze the root cause of thinning of hair and then plan the treatment accordingly in order to achieve maximum results. This is why the treatment varies from person to person as each individual is at a different stage of the hair loss process when they first visit.
Depending on the person & the degree of hair loss, a different number of sessions might be necessary. Mostly, a course of 3 to 4 sessions spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart.
The estimated price is around AED 650 per session. But this is not the fixed price as there are some impacting factors of cost such as the requirement of sessions and the expertise of the doctor. Thus, the real cost will be decided at the initial consultation.
PRP hair therapy is considered a secure and reliable hair loss treatment method that delivers effective and natural results.
There are benefits & drawbacks to both PRP & Hair Transplant. But the amazing part of PRP hair restoration is that it is non-surgical & has a quick recovery time.
PRP not only decreases hair shedding & stimulates new hair growth, but it also increases the thickness of the hair follicle itself.