Tanning skin is a common problem that everyone faces, and they must live with it, especially if they live in the world’s tropical regions. However, this is not the case, and there are options to help you fix pigmentation problems with ease. Tan Removal Treatments in Abu Dhabi can help you get rid of unwanted tan treatments.
Table of Content
What is Tanning?
Tanning is the process of increasing skin pigment, called melanin, because of sun exposure. Skin tanning can also result from artificial tanning services using a tanning lamp in tanning beds, but the leading cause of skin tanning is over-exposure to sunlight. It causes skin darkening on exposed areas of the face, arms, hands, feet, legs, back, and neck.
What Causes Tan?
The sun’s spectrum is made up of several wavelengths, and among this, ultraviolet radiation affects skin the most. UV radiation has three waves: UVA, UVB, and UVC. UVB rays burn the skin, while UVA rays darken the skin and cause blemishes. When they get inside the deeper layers of skin, excess melanin is produced, which causes sunburn.
The treatment has the following benefits:
- Your skin tone will return to normal.
- These products help to get rid of all pigmentation problems and sunburn.
- These treatments increase the production of collagen and elastin, two of the main proteins in the skin.
- Uneven and tanned skin tones can be fixed.
- Downtime is minimal.
After these procedures, you can get rid of the sunburn on the skin and apply a lighter tone. You will get rid of the problems associated with melanin, and your skin will be glowing. To achieve the desired results, you must go through all the necessary treatment sessions.
There are some restrictions to who can get the treatment:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You don’t have to be pregnant or nursing.
- You must be in good general health.
- For some treatments, you must be free of any severe medical conditions.
You must take some precautions before starting treatment:
- Avoid caffeine on the day of treatment and do not smoke for the week before treatment.
- Do not wear makeup when you come to the clinic for the procedure, as it will be removed.
- Some medications can cause problems during the procedure, so talk with your doctor about your regular and over-the-counter medications.
- Your doctor may suggest other measures in addition to your specific treatment.
Following are the tan removal treatments available at our clinic:
Laser removal by a dermatologist is one of the best ways to get rid of sunburn. This procedure uses a Q-switch laser machine to break down pigment and reduce tanning, sun spots, etc. For best results, you may need more than one laser treatment session.
Laser treatments work by exposing damaged skin. The laser causes micro-damage to the skin, leading to new skin formation. The treatment increases the production of collagen and, over time, strengthens the skin. Tanning of the skin is less pronounced, and pigmentation on the skin reappears.
Chemical peels are used to get rid of burned thin skin and quickly remove and regenerate skin cells by removing thin layers of skin. Peels with additional combined potency help heal dark and thin skin by removing dead skin layers from surfaces that contain too much melanin.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL):
IPL uses a special light to improve skin conditions and relieve melanin-related problems. It works with multiple waves of pulsed light. IPL is known to degrade the appearance of images. It also helps to increase collagen levels in the skin over time.
It will take several sessions to achieve the result. After each session, you will notice a big difference in your skin. The examiner must complete the procedure to get the most out of it.
It is also an exfoliating treatment that effectively removes sunburn and dead skin cells. It is suitable for all skin tones and ages, as it does not cause discoloration or discoloration of the skin. It does not require numbness as the procedure does not cause pain.
Microdermabrasion also helps tighten the skin, leaving it firm and smooth, and removes moderate to severe cracks and deformations on the skin’s surface.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The usual side effects with all treatments are very similar. Redness and swelling are widespread after treatment. Scabs can form on the skin without the need for laser treatment. You may also feel stinging after a short treatment.
In rare cases, some bruising may be present on treated areas. Your skin will develop sensitivity to sunlight within a week or two after most treatments.
The healing process is quick if you follow your doctor’s recommendations:
- Drink plenty of fluids and relax.
- Using ice packs on treated areas will help reduce redness and swelling.
- Don’t exercise for a day or two, and don’t lift heavy objects.
- It is best to avoid sun exposure for at least two weeks during the day.
- If you need to go outside, wear a hat, and apply plenty of high SPF sunlight.
- Your doctor may recommend certain medications, so be sure to take them on time.
The cost of Tan Removal Treatment in Abu Dhabi varies from case to case. Several factors ultimately determine the price—first, the treatment itself and the stage of treatment. The number of sessions required is also an essential factor.
Some doctors and skincare facilities are also more expensive, depending on the dermatologist’s experience and the type of equipment used. Clinics using newer technologies are more expensive.
Book an Appointment!
If you are looking for Tan Removal Treatment in Abu Dhabi, book a free appointment by filling out the consultation form below.