Get a younger, youthful skin with a peel based on fruit acids!
For cleansing, moisturizing, and the skin rejuvenation, beauty salons offer glycolic peeling. It is the most gentle and effective kind of peeling, unlike other fruit-based acids, glycolic has the smallest molecule, due to which it penetrates the skin much deeper. Glycolic peel treatment in Abu Dhabi is an excellent exfoliant that helps kick-start the skin’s renewal process without aggressive exposure.
Table of Content
Aim of Treatment:
The acid accelerates the exfoliation of dead skin cells and stimulates the renewal processes in the middle layers of the skin. Collagen synthesis, cell regeneration and intercellular exchange are triggered with peeling.
Glycolic peels are carried out with different concentrations of glycolic acid combined with herbal extracts, oil, etc. It significantly improves the tone and texture of the face and controls sebum production by exfoliating the upper layer of the epidermis.
As a result of glycolic peeling, the skin becomes denser, taut, its moisture content increases, its color improves, and the microrelief is leveled. In addition, glycolic peels help in the fight against seborrhea, acne, post-acne, and hyper pigmentation.
The treatment has the following benefits:
- Face skin renewal
- Color alignment
- Regulation of the secretion of the sebaceous glands
- Accelerates cell regeneration – the skin becomes light and smooth
- Restores the skin and stimulates cell renewal, stimulates the synthesis of elastin and collagen, and increases the thickness of the layer of living cells of the epidermis
- Improves hydration expanding the level of ceramides in the epidermis, smooths and brightens the skin
- Slows down skin aging
The ideal candidate for a glycolic peel treatment is someone who has the following conditions:
- Oily seborrhea, manifestations of acne, inflation, and rashes
- Has scars and pigmentation
- Age-related problems like dullness and wrinkles
- Various kinds of spots
- Elimination of blackheads, enlarged pores, and wrinkles
At the preliminary stage, around 14 days before the first visit to the beautician, it is advisable to do some homework. To optimize the effect of peeling, some people may use 5% glycolic tonic before bedtime or twice a day. Follow the following guidelines before the procedure.
- Use creams with a low acid content for a week.
- It is not recommended to visit the solarium, beach, and sauna.
- Before peeling, the doctor examines the patient and decides the percentage of the glycolic component needed for the treatment.
The standard course consists of 4-10 sessions with an interval of 10-14 days. Surface peeling for the face with glycolic acid is easily tolerated, accompanied by a slight burning sensation, with a middle one.
The time interval between peeling sessions is determined based on the patient’s skin condition. The cosmetologist sets the interval. The standard scheme is 5-10 sessions with an interval of a week or two.
Stages of Procedure:
The chemical peeling procedure is carried out as follows:
- The area to be treated is cleansed and disinfected. The face is cleaned of cosmetics, dirt, grease, wiped with an antiseptic lotion, and treated with an acidified solution compatible with glycolic concentrate.
- The skin is dried with a napkin, and then the glycol gel is applied in one layer. The sensations vary from mild to intense burning and depend on sensitivity.
- The glycol gel is kept on the skin for 5 to 15 minutes on average, and a neutralizer is applied. It is not recommended to use water immediately after peeling.
- The neutralizer is repeatedly washed off with water, the remnants of the glycolic exfoliant are removed with saline.
- After peeling, a soothing mask is applied.
Due to the possibility of age spots, peeling is not recommended in the summer. This type of peeling can be performed for people with any skin type, and it also works well for people with dry and sensitive skin.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The procedure of glycolic peeling is not complicated at all. The recovery period is much more important than the procedure itself to avoid any side effects or complications. The recovery period lasts for almost three days to seven days. During this period, skin peels off, and redness occurs.
Follow the following guidelines for quicker healing:
- Do not use make-up or any cosmetic creams or serums
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning during the recovery period
- Rigorous exercise and physical activity are not recommended
- Peeling should never be followed by a scrub
- Wear sunscreen and moisturize your face properly
The cost will vary from person to person depending on the type of results the patient expects from the glycolic peel treatment in Abu Dhabi. Some of the other cost factors are:
- Size of the treatment area
- The doctor’s experience
- The reputation of the clinic
The dermatologist can only determine the actual cost after the initial appointment. However, the average cost of the treatment can range from AED 300 to AED 1000.
Book an Appointment!
Before deciding on Glycolic Peel Treatment in Abu Dhabi, you must meet with experts of Enfield Royal Clinic. It will help you find the treatment option that is right for you. We are here to answer all your questions. Book your appointment now by filling out the consultation form.