The pigmentation that is below the epidermis is known as the Dermal Pigmentation. It is caused by melasma. Dermal melasma is one of the hardest conditions to treat as it is deep in the dermis and out of reach of creams and ointments. It can be differentiated by the normal pigmentation, which is usually brown, by its grey color. These dark spots are on the epidermis and also the dermis. Tattoos are also a form of dermal pigmentation. Dirt tattoos or traumatic tattoos can occur due to trauma that can be due to injury, accident, explosion, etc. There are several clinical treatments for Dermal Pigmentation in Abu Dhabi that are mentioned below. Continue reading to know more about the techniques used by dermatologists to treat pigmentation.
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
The main goal of the treatment is to lighten the dark spots and pigmentation on the skin. It does not only reduce the appearance of scars but also improves the skin’s texture and tone. Along with the clinical treatments, home care is important to achieve maximum results.
- It makes the skin appear glowing and radiant
- The skin becomes smooth and clear
- The texture and tone of the skin are improved and enhanced
- It boosts the person’s confidence by addressing their insecurity
- The techniques used are safe and very effective
- The side effects are minimal and all kinds of pigmentation are treated
- The treatment is quick and cost-effective
The treatment results in reducing the appearance of scars and enhancing the texture of the skin. With some techniques the results are visible right away, however, others require several sessions before results can be seen.
- A person with no serious skin condition or disease
- Individuals with any kind of dark spots
- Anyone conscious about the appearance of the dark spots on their skin
- A medically healthy person
- A candidate who does not want to be under surgical treatment to treat the issue of pigmentation
- A person who does not smoke or can stop smoking for a couple of weeks
Before starting the treatment, the dermatologist first has a detailed discussion with the individual about their concerns, problems, and expectations from the treatment. All possible treatment options are then provided to the patients that are suitable to address their problems.
Medical history is also reviewed to ensure that the patient is ideal for the treatment and does not suffer from any serious skin condition that may affect the treatment. Once the technique to be used is decided, the dermatologist gives a list of guidelines on how to prepare for the procedure.
- The candidate should not smoke or consume alcohol for days before the procedure
- The skin should be protected from high UV rays and a good sunscreen is to be used that as suggested by the dermatologist
- The recipient should stay hydrated and drink 6 or 7 glasses of water at a minimum daily
- The recipient should not go for any other aesthetic treatment for at least 2 weeks before the procedure
Multiple methods are adopted by the dermatologist to lighten the appearance and treat Dermal Pigmentation in Abu Dhabi. These are either carried out separately or by combining two or more techniques.
To address the targeted region of the body, a chemical peel utilizes acidic solutions in higher concentrations. They remove the epithelium to lessen the severity of melanin. Deeper variants may also enter the underlying layer of the skin (dermal layer), resulting in more dramatic outcomes.
The different skin conditions, types, and issues like freckles, sun spots, pigmentation, age spots, and certain birthmarks can all be treated with the Q-Switched laser, which has many wavelengths. The laser successfully penetrates the skin’s deeper layers, breaking down pigmentation that will be removed by the body and boosting collagen production under the surface. This laser’s skin-rejuvenating action is a bonus.
IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is a popular therapy for pigmentation of the skin. It’s a painless, accurate, and highly successful method for removing hyperpigmentation, age spots, and unsightly freckles. IPL pigmentation therapy has a low impact on adjacent skin and is quite painless.
Microdermabrasion is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which the skincare professional removes the top layer of skin with specific equipment. Collagen growth is also boosted as a result of the procedure. Collagen improves the skin texture, making it softer and more young, as well as reducing the appearance of dark patches.
Mesotherapy is a highly successful treatment that may be used on both the face and the body. A small needle is used to inject a customized, strong combination of medicines, vitamins, and minerals into the extracellular matrix, the layer of skin essential for regeneration. It’s also recognized to be a good way to brighten up the skin’s pigmentation.
Aftercare and Recovery:
The post-op care instructions should be strictly followed to pace up the healing and achieve the best possible results. The recovery period varies for each individual depending on the technique used by the dermatologist. On average it only takes a few days or at max, a week to recover after the procedure as all the techniques used are non-invasive with a short recovery period
- Ice packs or cold compresses should be used on the red and swollen treated areas to minimize discomfort
- To reduce the risk of infection, the doctor suggests the use of anti-bacterial soap to wash the treated areas
- The skin should be kept clean and moisturized to increase the healing process
- The ointment, if provided by the dermatologist, should be applied according to the prescription
- The patient should drink a lot of water to keep themselves and their skin hydrated
The average cost of the treatment ranges from AED 400 to AED 1000, depending on some factors affecting the cost. The final cost is determined by the skin care professional or a dermatologist after the initial consultation and checkup.
Request an Appointment!
Learn more about the treatment of Dermal Pigmentation in Abu Dhabi by booking a free initial appointment with our skin care professionals by filling up the form given below.