The overactive sweat glands under the skin may cause excessive sweating in summers specially. People resort to different skincare products and home remedies to control their sweating. There are however not as effective to reduce the activity of sweat glands. The treatment of Botox Injections for Sweaty Glands in Abu Dhabi effectively treats this condition. The toxin from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum is used in the treatment to temporarily paralyze the sweat glands by blocking the signals to the glands that stimulate them to produce sweat. This helps in the reduction in the production of sweat on the treated area.
Table of Content
Essence of Treatment:
The treatment aims to reduce the production of excessive sweat. It blocks the signals to the glands that are responsible for this.
- The procedure causes a reduction in the production of sweat
- The treatment is simple and takes only a few minutes to carry out
- It enhances the confidence of the person
- As the production of sweat is reduced, its bad odor of it also decreases
- The results are quick and last for a long time
The procedure results in blocking the glands from functioning to reduce excessive perspiration. Around 80 to 90% of sweat production is reduced. On average the effects last for a few months or may last for up to a year or more as well.
- A person who does not suffer from any serious condition or disease
- A candidate with an overactive sweat glands
- Somebody who suffers from excessive sweating
- Anybody uncomfortable with the production excessive of sweat
How does it Work?
The treatment causes the blocking of signals to the glands that are responsible for the production of sweat. This paralyzes the nerves reducing sweat production.
No extensive preparation is required for Botox Injections for Sweaty Glands in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain as it is a simple procedure that only takes a few minutes. A patch test is taken by skincare professionals to check if the candidate is allergic to the toxin and to see how the candidate’s body reacts to the solution. The patient is also not to take any blood-thinning medications before getting the injection as it can result in bleeding from the injection sites.
- The area to be treated e.g. armpits is disinfected and cleansed thoroughly with an anti-bacterial solution
- The area is then numbed using a numbing solution or local anesthesia. The skincare professional may also use an ice pack to numb the region
- The toxin is then administered using a fine needle into specific areas in need of treatment
- Once the injections are administered, an ice pack or cold compress is applied which minimizes the risk of bruising and swelling. It is also helpful to minimize the discomfort after the procedure
Aftercare and Recovery:
- A list of instructions is provided to the recipient to follow to achieve desired results.
- It is advised not to scratch the treated region right after the procedure
- Intensive exercises should be avoided for the first couple of days
- On the day of treatment, the recipient is not to take a hot bath or shower
- The treated region may feel slight discomfort and pain for which the doctor prescribes pain-relieving medications
- The recovery period usually takes a max of 2 3 days.
There are only minimal side effects that last for a few hours or a day at max. These include immediate discomfort and pain felt in the treated region. There may also be temporary swelling and redness.
The average cost for the treatment ranges from AED 1800 to AED 2500 per injection. The actual cost depends on the number of sessions required, the amount of toxin used, and the size of the area being treated. The skincare specialist determines the final cost after the initial consultation and checkup.
How Long do the Results Last?
The effect of Botulinum toxin lasts for four or five months depending on the amount of product used. It may also last for a year or more varying from patient to patient.
Book an Appointment!
Get a free appointment for Botox Injections for Sweaty Glands in Abu Dhabi with the finest doctors at the Enfield Royal Clinic by filling up the form given below.