Some babies are born with deformities that may range from problems with health or physical appearance. It can limit the child and may cause difficulties when growing up. It is often diagnosed by the doctor even before the baby is born. In this way, the child’s parents can be mentally prepared for the treatment that follows. The causes of these are not entirely known but these can be improved with treatment. There are surgical procedures to address these abnormalities that come under the Congenital Anomalies Treatment in Abu Dhabi.
Table of Content
Conditions that may Cause Deformities:
There is a risk of several problems that may arise when a woman is pregnant. These can affect the baby as well causing structural or physical deformity.
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Uncooked Food
- Some medications
- Chronic medical condition
- Illness or disease
- Environmental condition
- Certain deficiencies suffered by the mother
- Exposure to some kind of radiation
- Genetic condition
Essence of Treatment:
The deformities whether it is functional or structural are treated through surgical or non-surgical procedures. These problems are to be addressed in the first or second year of the life of the patient. However, certain conditions cannot be treated these include Down syndrome and some other genetic effects.
The deformities are addressed and treated. The results are instant however recovery may take time. In some cases, revision surgeries may also be required. The results depend on the health, healing capability, and the technique adopted by the doctor.
- The deformities are addressed and treated
- The functioning and appearance of the patient’s features are improved
- It enhances the appearance of the patients
- It helps the child to lead a normal life
- With time it helps increase the confidence and self-esteem of the patient
- A medically fit who is healthy enough to undergo the treatments
- The patient who does not suffer from any serious medical condition
- Somebody with structural or functional deformities
- Anybody who wishes to enhance their appearance or their child’s appearance
The surgeon in the initial consultation for Congenital Anomalies Treatment in Abu Dhabi takes a physical examination of the patient and has a detailed discussion with the child’s guardians or parents. The medical history is reviewed to make sure the patient is healthy enough for the surgery and does not suffer from any serious medical condition or disease that may affect the treatment.
A list of instructions is given to the child’s parents to prepare the patient for the surgery. The child is not to be given any blood-thinning medications and supplements before the surgery. The medications prescribed are to be continued.
For various anomalies, there are different treatment procedures available.
- Gene therapy
- Assistive devices
- Sensory therapy
- Cleft lip and palate surgery
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
- Surgical treatments
Aftercare and Recovery:
Post-op care varies for each technique adopted by the surgeon or the doctor to treat birth defects. The guardians are given a list of instructions so that they can take good care of the baby to avoid any complications.
- For surgical procedures, the treated area is bandaged that is to be kept clean and dry
- The medications prescribed are to be taken on time to pace up the healing process
- For the wounds, the ointment may be given that should be applied according to the prescription
The recovery period also varies depending on the method of treatment adopted by the doctor and the health of the child undergoing the treatment. It also depends on the post-op care after the procedures.
Side Effects :
- There is a risk of infection on the surgical site if not taken care of properly
- The patient may have some difficulty in eating or drinking especially in the case of lip or mouth surgeries
- Revision surgery may be required as the child grows old
- During the surgery, there is a risk of excessive bleeding
The average cost for Congenital Anomalies Treatment in Abu Dhabi ranges from AED – to AED -. The actual cost depends on the complexity of the treatment, the number of sessions and surgeries required to treat the anomalies, and the experience of the surgeon performing the surgery. The final cost is determined by the surgeon after the initial consultation and checkup of the patient.
How Long do the Results Last?
The treatment is usually permanent and last a lifetime. However, with growing age, the patient may require revision surgery until the patient is 17 or 18 years old.
Book an Appointment!
The highly qualified and experienced surgeon at the Enfield Royal Clinic performs the best, most effective, and safest surgeries. To book a free first consultation with Abu Dhabi’s finest; fill up the form given below.