The provision of Home Enteral Nutrition is one of the noteworthy developments in the healthcare industry that have occurred recently. Because it enables people with certain medical problems to obtain essential nourishment while remaining in the comfort of their own homes, this technique has grown in favor of Abu Dhabi. Let’s explore home enteral nutrition and its positive effects on patients’ lives now.
Table of Content
- Saves time
- Professional care.
The best choice for you is our home Healthcare Services in Abu Dhabi if you want to learn more about your health. We’ll assist in providing your body with proper hydration.
What is Eternal Nutrition?
Direct nutritional administration to the gastrointestinal system is referred to as enteral nutrition. It is a technique used to provide nourishment to those who can’t eat by mouth or have trouble absorbing nutrients via the usual digestive process. Through feeding tubes placed in the stomach or small intestine, enteral nourishment can be given. This enables the delivery of liquid food that has been properly designed.
Why Do We Use Home Enteral Nutrition?
The Main objective of Home Enteral Nutrition is to provide essential nutrients to people who are unable to satisfy their nutritional needs through regular oral intake. It is frequently administered when someone’s digestive tract is damaged, making it challenging or impossible for them to eat orally. Home enteral nutrition guarantees a patient obtains the essential nutrients, such as proteins, carbs, lipids, vitamins, and minerals, straight into their digestive tract by avoiding the conventional oral route.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
Patients with a variety of medical issues might benefit from home enteral feeding. Those who may make good candidates for this therapy include:
- Suffer from severe dysphagia or swallowing problems that make it dangerous or impossible to ingest meals orally.
- Have ongoing ailments or injuries that prevent their gastrointestinal systems from operating normally.
- Have neurological conditions that impair their capacity to chew and swallow, such as ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or cerebral palsy.
- Undergo medical procedures that might impede their ability to eat either momentarily or permanently, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgery.
- Due to malnutrition or other medical issues, require additional nourishment for weight increase or maintenance.
Types of Feeding tubes:
There are numerous types of feeding tubes available to meet the individual demands of patients. The choice of a feeding tube is influenced by several variables, including the anticipated length of therapy, the patient’s health, and their personal preferences. The following are the two main kinds of feeding tubes used in at-home enteral nutrition:
The temporary Nasogastric (NG) tube: It is introduced through the nose, travels down the throat, and then is placed in the stomach. As it may cause pain and nasal irritation, it is normally only advised for brief usage.
Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) Tube: This more permanent option entails making a tiny incision in the belly and inserting a feeding tube right into the stomach. PEG tubes are more comfortable and ideal for prolonged usage.
How to Put Feeding Tubes in Place?
A qualified medical specialist must install feeding tubes, which is normally done with the help of a gastroenterologist or a surgeon. Depending on the type of tube being placed, the method differs.
In order to install a nasogastric tube, the following procedures are often used:
- A semi-upright or upright posture is used to place the patient.
- The distance from the patient’s nose to the earlobe is measured, followed by the measurement from the earlobe to the point where the xiphoid process and the umbilicus meet in the middle.
- Through the nostril, the lubricated tube is slowly advanced up the esophagus till it reaches the stomach.
- It is frequently done to take an X-ray to ensure that the tube is positioned correctly.
The following steps are included in the percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube implantation procedure:
- Before the procedure, the patient must fast for a predetermined amount of time.
- A little incision is made in the abdominal wall while the patient is sedated or under local anesthesia.
- A tiny opening, or stoma, is made after the doctor uses an endoscope to find the stomach.
- The feeding tube is put into the stomach through the stoma, and its exterior is covered with a dressing or a tiny cap to prevent leakage.
Recommendations for Aftercare:
In order to maintain the patient’s well-being and reduce problems, adequate aftercare is crucial once the feeding tube has been implanted. Important guidelines for home enteral nutrition’s aftercare include:
- The feeding tube site should be regularly maintained and monitored to prevent infections.
- following a recommended feeding schedule, using the right formula, and flushing the feeding tube correctly.
- To avoid problems caused by poor oral health, maintain appropriate dental hygiene.
- To ensure the patient receives the proper nutritional assistance, collaboration with a nutritionist is required.
- Regular follow-up appointments to assess development and make any required corrections with the healthcare practitioner.
Cost of Home Eternal Nutrition in Abu Dhabi:
At Enfield Royal Clinic, the cost of Home Eternal Nutrition in Abu Dhabi depends on several factors few of which are mentioned below. The actual price will be determined during the initial consultation with the doctor, taking into consideration individual needs and specific requirements.
Prental Nutrition (TPN) Infusion
|Run for 12 hours||1000 AED||minimum of 7 days|
|Run for 24 hours||2000 AED||minimum of 7 days|
Unleash the Power of Eternal Nutrition by Choosing us!
Our clinic boasts a team of exceptionally skilled professionals who are capable of addressing every aspect of your health. Furthermore, we have state-of-the-art facilities and advanced techniques to ensure precise Home Eternal Nutrition in Abu Dhabi and effective evaluations, all while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
When used under the supervision of medical experts, home enteral feeding is usually regarded as safe. To reduce risks, the process is carried out by skilled medical staff.
The length of home enteral feeding varies based on the conditions of each patient. It might be a long-term solution for people with chronic problems.
People receiving home enteral nutrition may occasionally still be able to swallow little amounts of food.
The answer is that you can travel with a feeding tube. You may maintain your home enteral feeding routine while traveling if you make the necessary arrangements.
Home enteral nutrition is specially created to satisfy your unique dietary needs. The feeding formula utilized includes the essential proteins, carbs, lipids, vitamins, and minerals required for healthy nutrient absorption.