The presence of hair on various body areas is normal. People can have naturally dense, black hair on various regions of their bodies in addition to their heads, brows, and lashes. The practice of laser hair removal is becoming increasingly widespread and well-liked today. This is because shaving or hair removal during a shower is no longer required as the treatment removes the hair permanently. It therefore no longer has to be a concern that a person must think about. Continue reading to learn all about the Dos and Don’ts of Summer Laser Removal.
Table of Content
What is Laser Hair Removal?
This method of laser hair removal is long-lasting. The hair that has to be removed is targeted with this intense light. The hair follicle is targeted by the laser beam resulting in its destruction, however, it does not damage the tissues around it. The heat created when the pigment in the hair absorbs light and transforms it into heat destroys hair follicles. The hair follicles are irreversibly damaged in this way, and finally, hair growth ceases. Usually, it takes several sessions to complete; it cannot be done in a single session.
Below you will find all the Dos and Don’ts of Summer Laser Removal in Abu Dhabi & Al Ain
Do’s and Don’ts Before the Treatment:
It’s essential to realize that each person’s experience with laser hair removal is unique. However, everybody should be ready to have multiple treatments over time. One procedure won’t take care of all of the person’s undesirable hair because hair grows at varying rates and cycles. Certain guidelines are provided to the recipient to follow before getting the treatment of hair removal using laser technology. These include
- Avoid sunbathing for weeks before getting the treatment as sunburnt skin can be further damaged with a laser.
- The area(s) being treated should be completely shaved off before the procedure.
- The skin should not be tweezed, waxed, or epilated. This is because the laser energy is directed onto roots.
- A good sunscreen with a high SPF should be applied to the skin for protection from high UV rays
- There should be no hair longer than 1 mm on the skin being treated.
- It is important to stay away from drugs with photosensitizing effects before laser hair removal.
- Ask your dermatologist in advance about any drugs you should avoid taking before laser hair removal.
- Three or four days before the laser treatment, trim the hair on the area(s) to be treated.
There are no risks associated with laser removal in the summertime if the individual is prepared for wearing covered-up clothing and applying sunblock and has no plans to spend a lot of time in the sunlight. It is preferable to delay the process until a later time if frequent sun exposure is anticipated.
Do’s and Don’ts After the Treatment:
Post-operative care recommendations should be strictly implemented to facilitate recovery and get the best results. These instructions include
- The skin should be kept clean and moisturized
- The recipient should drink a lot of water to keep their selves hydrated
- An ice pack or cold compress is provided after the procedure to be applied on areas exposed to the laser.
- If the specialist gives you any medication, follow the directions on the bottle.
- To reduce the risk of infection, the doctor suggests cleaning the treated areas with antibacterial soap.
- After the treatment, the individual should not take a hot bath or visit any public pools with a high concentration of chlorine
- Strenuous workout, exercises, or any other activities that cause sweating should be avoided
- The skin should be massaged very slowly some days after the treatment
- Waxing, tweezing or any other method that temporarily removes the hair follicles should also be avoided in between the treatment sessions.
After the operation, minor discomfort, swelling, and redness may appear if you have delicate skin. Alterations to the skin’s pigment and the emergence of age spots are examples of short-term negative effects. To make sure there are no problems, it is advised to see a doctor if the symptoms do not go away after a few days.
Why Choose the Royal Clinic?
With the aid of professional dermatologists, we at Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai are giving you the greatest-ever treatment to get clear your unwanted hair using laser therapy, laser skin whitening treatment can also be utilized for the entire body. The clinic’s skilled team ensures that patients feel at ease and comfortable throughout their visit. Because we place a high priority on patient safety, we keep the clinic clean and hygienic and closely adhere to all Covid 19 guidelines. The patients and clients are our top priority and we believe in treating them all equally with dignity and respect.
Do consult our expert doctors and get to know more about the Dos and Don’ts of Summer Laser Removal and its effectiveness along with its cost depending upon your condition.