Fractional carbon dioxide laser is a type of laser technology used for various cosmetic and dermatological procedures. It works by delivering a targeted beam of laser energy to the skin, creating tiny columns of thermal injury while leaving surrounding tissue unaffected. With its precision and effectiveness, this treatment is becoming popular day by day as a groundbreaking cosmetic procedure. Individuals with different skin circumstances are thoroughly Understanding the Benefits of Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation. At Enfield Royal Clinic you can now totally change your entire skin texture in a single session of this therapy.
Table of Content
- Procedure time: 2 to 3 hours
- Results last: for months to years
- Side Effects: Minor discomfort on the skin
- Downtime: 4 to 5 days
- Procedure type: Non-surgical procedure
What is Fractional Laser CO2?
Fractional Laser CO2 is a type of treatment that uses heat injury to boost the skin. This therapy is a process of replacing our skin with new cells and tissues. Carbon dioxide waves are used in this regimen which is highly absorbed by water in our skin. This is a fractional treatment because the laser beam is divided into thousands of tiny, closely spaced beams, which treat a fraction of the skin’s surface area during each session.
This treatment works in our skin by delivering precise and controlled bursts of high-energy carbon dioxide laser light. Working of this treatment are:
- The laser emits a concentrated beam of light that is absorbed by water molecules in the skin.
- As the energy is absorbed, it generates heat. The heat control is directed at the targeted areas, causing precise injury to the skin cells.
- Heat energy vaporizes and removes the epidermis layer, along with any damaged cells, imperfections, or irregularities.
- This procedure also affects the surrounding tissues in our skin by causing injury to the dermal layer. The damage in this layer will stimulate a wound-therapeutic comeback.
- The controlled recovery damage activates the natural healing mechanisms of the body that promote the migration of renewed cells in the treated area.
- During the healing session, new skin cells and tissues regenerate and they substitute the shattered ones.
Suitable candidates for taking this treatment are:
- People that have no skin allergies.
- Candidates with hyperpigmentation, melasma, and skin spots.
- Individuals experience wrinkles, fine lines, and laxity.
- Candidates experiencing scars like Boxcar scars and rolling scars.
- Youngsters who want to improve skin tone.
The advantages of fractional CO2 laser are unmatchable. Some major benefits are:
- This treatment takes minimum downtime than any other skin therapy.
- Effectively removes the outermost layer of the impaired skin including aging signs.
- Stimulates collagen production that will plump our skin and fill in fine lines.
- Decreases the formation of acne and surgical spots. This energy helps remodel scar tissue and boosts the outer layer to produce new cells.
- Breaks down excess pigment in the skin, including sunspots, age spots, and melasma.
- Improves skin tightness and firmness.
- The laser machine is adjustable according to specific areas, depths, and patterns.
How the Treatment is Carried out?
The procedure could be done in the following steps:
Some required preparations are performed by the doctor as well as the patients. Preparations may include:
- Consult your doctor about your skin situation.
- Avoid any kind of medicine without the permission of your doctor.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun without applying sunscreen.
- Before taking this treatment, do not take any other procedure like chemical peels or derma fillers.
On the treatment day, the skin is cleansed, and a topical anesthetic or numbing cream may be applied for comfort. Eye protection is provided to shield the eyes from the laser light. The healthcare professional then uses a handheld CO2 laser device to give directed bursts of high-energy laser light to the targeted areas of the skin. Laser heat removes the damaged epidermis layers and rejuvenates the skin by producing collagen.
During the treatment, patients may feel a warm or tingling sensation, but measures are taken to minimize discomfort. Cooling machines are used to reduce heat effects on the skin. The duration of the technique can vary based on the area to be treated and the type of skin concerns.
Aftercare is necessary to gain the maximum advantages of this treatment. Common aftercare instructions are:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use mild skincare products.
- Use ice packs to reduce heat effects.
- Keep your skin clean.
- Avoid touching or stretching your skin to prevent bacteria.
- Maintain the moisture level of your skin.
- Shield your skin from direct sunlight.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
Why Choose Us?
Enfield Royal Clinic is providing a customized approach to address your requirements and optimize results. With our state-of-the-art technology and experienced professionals, we are dedicated to providing you with outstanding results and a comfortable treatment experience. Choose our clinic and give a new look to your skin.
Book an Appointment!
Book an appointment to experience a fluffier face with renewed confidence. Our experts are ready to serve you at any time.